“Excellent Gluten Free available”
Review of La Cremeria - CLOSED

La Cremeria
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Ice cream parlour and light lunches
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have been visiting this establishment for approxinately 4 years, albeit not as often as I would like as we don't go into ork very often.
It is a small establishment at the moment but the service and friendliness of staff more than make up for the size of the place and the limited menu.
I especially praise the availability of Gluten Free foods and the knowledge of the staff.
I am surprised at the comment further down regarding Semolina being in G.F. Foods. The person commenting said that as soon as they were told there was semolina in the prodiuct that they knew they would have a flare up, but know mention was made that they did actually have a flare up.
From my conversations with the proprieator I think that this has been a case of misunderstanding on the customer's part.

Please, Please keep up the good work and I look forward to visiting you in your new 'home'.

Many thanks

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Me and my partner have been coming here every Saturday for over 6 months now & are never disappointed, Mark & his mother always make us feel welcome & the coffee & ice cream are always spot on, they will be opening a new joint in Goodramgate soon (touch wood) which I'm sure will be just as good, keep up the good work.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Only place I know with superb cakes and incredible ice cream! Marks imagination added to his knowledge of which flavours marry up perfectly ensure the ice cream is unique, freshly made each day and utterly sublime! Have to confess to a fondness for the rasberry and cheese, though the advocaat was special too. My favourite cake? Still lemon and poppy seed, but that could change depending on whats on the menu next time I visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just have to put someone straight. The customer who has put about semolina in the cake is wrong. Mark has a better understanding than nearly all the gluten free cafés in york. He told the customer it has a texture like semolina not that it had semolina in !!!! I have been a customer and a friend for over 4yrs, and have spoken to a lot of marks customers with gluten and celiac problems and they keep coming back because they know they are getting the best service for there problem.hopefully new shop opening very soon with lots more flavours of ice cream!!!!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

As a coealiac, this is my favourite place to eat.where I have been going for last 4 years. There is a wide range to eat and the desserts are lush. It is so nice to go to a place and not struggle to eat or only to eat one meal. I have never been ill and I am sensitive to gluten. My favourite thing is wondering what flavour ice cream is on the menu that day.

3  Thank 7cathy