“Gluten free customers don't be put off by comments on here !!!”
Review of La Cremeria - CLOSED

La Cremeria
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Ice cream parlour and light lunches
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just have to put someone straight. The customer who has put about semolina in the cake is wrong. Mark has a better understanding than nearly all the gluten free cafés in york. He told the customer it has a texture like semolina not that it had semolina in !!!! I have been a customer and a friend for over 4yrs, and have spoken to a lot of marks customers with gluten and celiac problems and they keep coming back because they know they are getting the best service for there problem.hopefully new shop opening very soon with lots more flavours of ice cream!!!!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

As a coealiac, this is my favourite place to eat.where I have been going for last 4 years. There is a wide range to eat and the desserts are lush. It is so nice to go to a place and not struggle to eat or only to eat one meal. I have never been ill and I am sensitive to gluten. My favourite thing is wondering what flavour ice cream is on the menu that day.

3  Thank 7cathy
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I found this cafe after a search of gluten free eateries in York. As a celiac it's imperative I follow a gluten free diet. I was very impressed at the effort and enthusiasm offered to me in order to meet my dietary requirements. I was offered gluten free cake and assured it was wheat, gluten and dairy free. Once I had eaten the cake I was asked what I thought, I answered that it was much better than most I had tasted to be told it was made with semolina. I was shocked by this as semolina is made from wheat so the claims that had been made were not true. I felt so disheartened and left knowing that full well within minutes I would start to experience a flare of my disease. I feel the intentions were well meaning, however I would advise anybody that needs to follow a gluten free diet checks the ingredients before eating anything that claims to be gluten free in order to prevent a flare. Had I known the cake was made from semolina I would never have eaten it.

2  Thank LJ473
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We visited on Saturday and ordered two ice creams, my husband decided to be adventurous and try the gin sorbet and pear and Stilton ice cream. The gin sorbet was lovely and very alcoholic!

I would definitely recommend this place especially when the weather is nicer!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have visited La Cremeria on a number of occasions now. It is a cosy place with a very friendly feel. Being a creature of habit I always order the same, soup and a mozzarella & pesto toastie. The soup is homemade and has been different yet equally as tasty on each of my visits. I do not often eat a lot of sweet things however I have sampled the ice cream here and it was very nice indeed. Staff are always welcoming, friendly and accommodating.