“Great for coffee and cake.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cremeria - CLOSED

La Cremeria
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Ice cream parlour and light lunches
York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for coffee and cake.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been in here a couple of times now and found it very good. The cakes and ice cream is made fresh on site I think and the coffee is quality. Nice little place to meet for a catch up while enjoying a yummy snack. Great selection and worth every calorie!

Visited April 2013

“Good lunch at a good price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This lovely little bistro on High Petergate was the first place we chose to eat when we arrived in York based simply on the other reviews we have read, and we were not disappointed.

The place itself is very compact, so we were asked to wait for a couple of minutes for a table to become free. But after that service was prompt and courteous, and the food delicious. Both me and my wife plumped for paninis, but there were all kinds of food available, and all at reasonable prices.

We didn't indulge, but there was also a selection of home made ice creams on offer for those who had room for desert.

Don't be put off if Le Cremeria is full when you arrive, take a lap of the block and come back when a table has cleared - you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Wrexham
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Gutted that we only found this cafe on our last day! The owner (I think he was the owner) was incredibly welcoming, helpful and informative. The gluten free options were brilliant and the owner said he could do a GF alternative to most things on the menu. They have a separate toaster for GF products and keep GF cakes away from others to prevent cross-contamination. Very impressive! The cakes we had were lovely, accompanied by ice-cream made fresh that morning - delicious! We will definitely return when we are back in York. A must for coeliacs and non-coeliacs alike!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank lizzie67Wrexham
“Standard food, poor service; don't make a special effort to go here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I must start by saying I went to this cafe with high expectations. I had been told by some friends that it was a fantastic cafe and that the ice cream was the best in town. As such, I ordered the Ultimate chocolate milkshake, made with their signature ice cream.
When it came, the straw had a huge slit in it, causing the milkshake to leak all over the place. I acknowledge that this wasn't their fault, but it wasn't the best start.
I tasted the whipped cream on top, which seemed slightly off to me. In addition, the actual milkshake wasn't the wonder that I was expecting. In fact, I think a standard Nesquik made at home I'd far nicer.
However, the main disappointment came when I found a short, brown hair in the cream. Since I have long, black hair, I knew that it wasn't anything that I had put in. Because of this, my appetite disappeared. I addressed this to the apparent manager who began ranting "I don't believe it, I made that milkshake" to the other staff and didn't offer me any kind of apology. One the other assistants asked if I would like another one, and I explained that I didn't.
In the end, they didn't charge me for the milkshake, but I felt deeply offended by the way I was treated by the staff.I was made to feel like I was the one at fault for finding the hair! I can't help but think that if this had occurred anywhere else, the matter would have been dealt with in a professional manner.

Normally I wouldn't write a review unless I'm impressed by a store, but I thought it was worth expressing the poor service offered by this place if you tell them something they don't want to hear.
I don't think I'll be recommending this to anyone.

2 Thank 6Seven8nine
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Excellent dose not even come close to it YOU MUST visit sooner than later”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Whilst in york myself ,my partner ,my mam and our 2 year old grand daughter visited this little gem and it was more than Excellent it is a must visit i has a latte with the flavour of the day and my mam and partner were given the choice of hot dark chocolate or hot white chocolate with all the trimmings but they just stayed to the normal drinks this time around but we will be back for more and with us haveing a 2 year old with us they didn't mind her walking about looking at all the cakes. the price of it all was verry cheap considering the city centre locality.

• Visited March 2013