4,610 results
All reviews cedar court molton brown toiletries turn down service star hotel rise restaurant lip balm door staff classic room executive room underfloor heating on arrival original features amazing hotel steam room double shower beautiful building continental breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Situated a couple of minutes from the train station and a 5 minute walk to the centre of town the location is great, the building itself coming from the train station cuts and impressive figure, my only gripe is that when we arrived we were told that we had been given a brand new room in the new wing, being a sucker for all things old as far as architecture goes, this was disappointing to be honest, the extension feels like you've just walked out of an old building full of history and grandeur into a holiday inn I'm afraid....they are not built of the same stuff and I think it should perhaps be a cheaper alternative that you select yourself rather than assigned to you in a sort of lucky dip scenario. Aside from that the staff were great and it was only for one night so it served its purpose well! Thanks guys

1  Thank mrmojorising247
Grand-York, Guest Relations Executive at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good afternoon,

I hope all is well and that you are having a fantastic day so far. It gives me great pleasure to read your excellent review and that you had a lovely weekend with us. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we strive to exceed your guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful service. My team are passionate about making your guest experience the best possible, therefore it's great to know that this was very clear during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another grand stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner booked for us to stay here as a birthday treat. From the moment we arrived it was amazing. We dropped our bags off as soon as we arrived in York and had our car valet parked. Malcolm the doorman introduced himself and had our bags taken and gave us directions into the town centre. When we arrived back later on the day we were shown into a lovely waiting room before being checked in by Sophie who was lovely and even arranged for a special treat in the room for my birthday which was unexpected and very much appreciated. We stayed in a classic room which was fantastic. The bathrooms were lovely and the main room was huge with beautiful decor and spotlessly clean. The turndown service was a nice touch and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We had breakfast in the hotel which was spectacular. Our waitress Harriet was friendly and always had a smile on her face. The selection and quality of food was great and the cooked breakfast was the best I have ever tasted. The scrambled eggs alone deserve a special mention! They were also happy to store our bags after we checked out to explore York further and when we returned they had our car ready out the front and brought our bags out. I cannot wait to return to this hotel and think it’s definitely worth the money to experience it.

1  Thank CA1girl

Good afternoon,

I hope all is well and that you are having an excellent day so far. It gives me great pleasure to read your excellent review and you had a fantastic birthday with us. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we strive to exceed your guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful service. My team are passionate about making your guest experience the best possible, therefore it's great to know that this was very clear during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another grand stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I will admit we don't make it a habit of staying in 5* hotels when we go away in UK but it was recommended to me by a friend who's pictures of the spa looked amazing. Upon arrival we was shown to the check in waiting room. Though we do think people that hadn't been waiting as long as us was called into the next room for check in before us, in the end we wasn't waiting long. Our room wasn't ready so we left our bags and off we went. After an afternoon of exploring we came back. We booked an executive room so we had spa excess. Our room was beautiful, lovely tall windows and a huge bathroom with separate shower and bath. Nice added extra was the speakers in the bathroom which play from the tv and the Molton Brown toiletries. Both early evenings the maids knocked on asking if we needed anything, towels, water, toiletries etc. We was situated on the ground floor which was right next to the staircase down to the spa. Both times we visited the spa was around 6pm. Each time there was at the most 4 other people in there. Nice pool, steam room & sauna. We had the jacuzzi all to ourselves. The bar area is small and open to the public. A pint of larger is around £6. Not really our kinda scene. All in all we had a lovely stay.

1  Thank LeanneKara86

Good afternoon Leanne,

I hope all is well and that you are having a wonderful day so far. It gives me great pleasure to read your excellent review. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we strive to exceed your guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our excellent service and facilities. My team are passionate about making your guest experience the best possible, therefore it's great to know that this was very clear during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another grand stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here after wanting to stay here for years. Hotel is fab and the staff are so contented. We stayed in the new part of the building in one of the executive room very happy indeed. Only thing I would say was the complimentary items in the room. We didn’t really have anything as we weren’t sure what was complimentary or not. We did query this as a bottle of wine and a small bottle was left on the side. Whoever we spoke to at reception to be honest gave us the impression he wasn’t bothered and clearly recognised the guests behind us and wanted to deal with them than advise us. Maybe a tip along side the in room dining menu put the list of the complimentary items in please. Definitely will be back.

1  Thank Rachael W

Good afternoon Rachael,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another grand stay and we will take on board your feedback.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the greeting of the staff as you walk in to your bags being taken from you, then being delivered to your room almost immediately. The room was clean, spacious on the 4th floor of new wing as you come out of lift your greeted with bee hives( glass separation)the staff faultless. the breakfast was great with a great selection, 3-4 minutes walk from station,few minutes walk to the centre the hotel is well positioned.overall a great experience and next time in York we will be staying here.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Clivey57

Good afternoon,

I hope all is well and that you are having a fantastic day so far. It gives me great pleasure to read your excellent review. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we strive to exceed your guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful service. My team are passionate about making your guest experience the best possible, therefore it's great to know that this was very clear during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another grand stay.