For and "old world" style this is a really good (but expensive) hotel! The rooms are exceptionally big by both European and American(!) standards, and the fixtures/fittings are well appointed too with quality of upkeep & small luxuries / features associated with top rated hotels. Staff are excellent and very attentive. Was here on business but York is a fairly small city and being about 30 feet from the edge of the City Wall should be easily within 5- 10 mins walking distance for most of York attractions (the red sightseeing tour buses go right past too!). It is 3-5 mins walk from train station so ideal location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa