We stayed at this hotel in January, I myself having stayed twice before. We had two executive rooms which were spacious, quiet and well appointed. As before, the food was excellent, both the breakfast and dinner on each night. This hotel is very well located for the city centre and only 3 minutes walk from York railway station, although being situated in a quiet enclave. The interior décor is very inviting and grand. Service was tip top and the range of drinks available in the bar (All served at your seat) was excellent. The ambience in the main restaurant is very relaxing and the service individual and attentive. Once again,impossible to fault this hotel. It deserves to continue to be a success.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Prestigia, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa