This was our second visit as we enjoyed it so much the last time. Wonderful building and rooms up to five star standard - great spa and marvellous service at breakfast and in the grill room. The evening menu is limited but the salmon three ways was one of the best plates of food I have enjoyed. However we totally agree with the review below about the cold, unhelpful, uninterested receptionist who being the first port of call needs to be addressed. We too arrived at 1pm to be told no rooms until 3pm - no warmth and no engagement with us to soften the blow after a long journey - management need to sort this out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York