This was our second stay at the hotel, the service and all the staff were perfect, the rooms were first class and spotless. Breakfast was superb and plentiful, there was only two negatives one We felt the "A la carte" menu was very limited and both my wife and I opted for the Grill menu and had steaks, which really we would not normally have done.
My only other issue was with the £20 per night parking charge, which was still applied even though the car was not taken to the NCP car park, but had been stored in the hotel basement.
If we had been staying longer I would have made alternative arrangements....£140.00 for a weeks parking !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa