Two friends, my wife and I shared lunch at the Cedar Court Grand in York. They live in Harrogate, where there is also a hotel belonging to this chain, but we made a decision to meet and dine in York.
We made an excellent choice. The Hotel is impressive on entry and the staff helpful and courteous. Aperitif's were served promptly, menus too were soon provided but no undue haste surrounded our visit. Exactly as we wished!
The food was expertly cooked, presented and served, with the quantities perfectly judged.
Excellent all round and good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa