We stopped here for a night while catching up with friends in York. We chose to stop here as we had previously got married here a couple of years prior to our recent stay.
We requested a quiet room and we got one on the top floor with a nice view out of the large window. The room was very nice as we expected, it was also clean, tidy with all bedding and towels etc clean. The bed was comfy. Some nice touches included the Molton Brown toiletries and underfloor heating in the bathrooms.
Although the large window was a nice focal point for the room the gap between the window and the blind meant that we were woken up by the sun shining in first thing in the morning which was a little disappointing, otherwise it was okay.
We used the valet parking which was efficient, didn’t think the price was too bad as we have seen other hotels (abroad) charge a similar amount for valet into the free hotel car park.
We used the Spa in the afternoon we arrived. As we were travelling from Australia we tried to book the Spa via email, but as we did not receive a response to emails we had to call. We were a little disappointed with this, if you are going to provide an email for contact, then you should at least respond. After an initial mix up in treatments booked the Spa treatments were good for us both, but I was disappointed to find the pool closed due to incorrect levels of chlorine.
It was nice to return to the hotel where we were married, but a couple of things took the sparkle of this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa