“A fab and enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grand Hotel & Spa

The Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in York
Redditch, United Kingdom
“A fab and enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the Cedar Grand hotel and spa last weekend 5th April. The welcoming from the staff is second to none, they could not be more attentive. The room was outstanding with a huge bed. We explored the spa and although a little on the small side, it was adequate and maintained to a very high standard. We shall certainly be returning again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed for our anniversary. Very helpful. Clean. Free spa. Lots of goodies. Spa had ghd straighters. And Complementry face products shampoos and conditioners. Amazingly comfy bed. High quality food with extra tasters. Yummy homemade bread. I wanted to stay. Will visit again. Lovely first visit to York. Thankyou.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank AmelieSW
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a copy of the email I sent to the hotel manager. It tells you everything you need to know about this hotel.

Dear Miss Florou
I stayed at your hotel last week for two nights. I brough my mum for a treat as she is in the early stages of alzheimers and wanted to give her something special.
Your hotel is magnificent. The building, the decor and the cleanliness, all contribute to making the hotel such a wonderful establishment. The finishing touches to the rooms; the little luxuries in the bathroom, the separate toilet, the slippers and the turndown service, even the cafetierre adds a touch of luxury.
But above all, I believe a hotel is only as good as its staff. I would like to take this opportunity to commend your staff. It felt like they were going the extra mile, even though we didn't expect it. I would like to commend a few that we had regular contact with.

Graham is a fantastic concierge. He was so helpful from the moment we arrived. When we asked for the number of a taxi firm he phoned it for us. We asked about a good Italian restaurant and he phoned and booked a table for us, asking them to look after us. He earned the dessert we brought back for him.
Peter also followed in Graham's footsteps. He also went over and above what we asked of him, even offering to help us to the station on the last day.
Beata has a wonderful sunny personality, very friendly and helpful. She is an asset to your hotel.
Debra was also someone who was so helpful, especially where my mum was concerned, and nothing was too much trouble for her
Alan not only showed us to our room, taking our bags for us, but he showed us around the room and helped settling in so much easier.
Sarah in the bar was just delightful, a lovely young woman who always had a smile on her face and, even though she was busy working she found time to keep me company on my last evening, which I really needed at that time.
Afternoon tea was made all the more wonderful by the attention of Sabi. A gracious and attentive waiter with a sense of humour that made our day.
Susanna was also amazing. My mum had a funny turn as we left the dining room and between Sabi and Susanna, they couldn't do enough to make my mum at ease.
I met Jose on the first afternoon and he was so interesting to talk to, attentive in his role and just made us feel at home in the Grand.
I can't leave it without mentioning Simon and Paul. We were made to feel so welcome by them and they were so helpful, and l really appreciated Simon's sense of humour.

The staff are an asset to the Grand hotel. I had a wonderful stay. It was my first visit, and hopefully, it won't be my last. I felt like a nursemaid to my mum this visit and it was pretty exhausting so I am hoping to come back again as a treat to myself.
Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: I believe you can phone reservations and they will accommodate you or email the concierge
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AlisonV369
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have just returned form a 2 night stay celebrating our first wedding anniversary. So pleased we chose this hotel - it certainly did not disappoint. We were given a fantastic room (No. 412) - very comfortable, quiet and spacious. The staff were friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend and stay here again!

Room Tip: Pretty sure all the rooms would be nice
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My fiance surprised me with a trip to this gem of a hotel last week, and we had a fantastic stay. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in for a whilte. Outstanding rooms and good attention to detail. Whilst we didn't use the Spa facilities (my finace had neglected to tell me there was one!) they looked excellent. A relaxing bar and lounge area with an extensive drinks menu. The staff were helpful and polite. Our only niggle was that it took them a while to sort out our bags when we arrived. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

Kent uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the Cedar Court Hotel (Best Western) during a snowstorm. Awoke to a blizzard and was unable to attend a bussiness meeting. The hotel were very supportive and helpful. Staff are friendly and co-operative. Couldnt wish for more. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Yarm, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my 2nd time at this hotel and it was fabulous.
Every aspect of the service was outstanding, from the Spa treatment I enjoyed on my first afternoon, to the room, to the breakfast.
No where else even compares, thoroughly deserving of the 5 stars!

Room Tip: Downstairs Room was handy for the spa!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple