We have never stayed in York before as it isn't too far from home and an easy commute however we decided to book the best when it came to staying over. We were booked in for two nights and received a warm welcome on arrival. Our room was very grand and immaculate. We didn't use the spa due to lack of time but we were informed the facilities can be used on the day of checkout even once you have vacated your room, we will definitely bear this in mind next time we visit.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa