“late rooms .com”

Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in York
London, United Kingdom
“late rooms .com”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel York this being my fourth visit.I would not advise anyone to book through a third party as I found we were given the worse rooms in the hotel.
Having been shown several rooms and taking the best of bad bunch we settled for a reasonable room but later finding several problems with it and in the end paid for a upgrade.
The previous stays had been booked direct through the hotel and we found it wonderful!
The problems we encounted were sorted out in the end but it took a lot of energy and complaining for this to happen.
Having said this I would go back but only through a direct booking to the hotel and upgrading to a executive room.

Room Tip: Book a executive and direct through the hotel.
1 Thank Alison M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hampshire UK
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I returned on Thursday from a 3 night stay in this lovely hotel. On arrival we were greeted with the news that there was a problem with our room but would we like a drink while it was sorted? A few minutes later still a problem with your room I'm afraid so we've upgraded you and you're luggage is already there. This was the level of friendly service and efficiency we experienced throughout our stay both in the main hotel and spa. Breakfast delicious and varied and I would thoroughly recommend the grill room and afternoon tea. All in all a beautiful hotel definitely deserving a top notch review!

• Stayed February 2013
Gateshead-on-Tyne, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed with my daughter and four month old granddaughter for two nights. We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The staff could not do enough for you, in a very friendly and genuine manner. Location could not have been better; literally less than five mins walk from railway station and into the centre of town.

I would strongly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Carol M
Manningtree, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My partner treated me to a stay at this lovely hotel whilst we spent a few days in lovely York. Location is fantastic, close to the railway station and only 5 mintues walk into the
centre. The food was outstanding, quite easily the best steak I have ever had along with an amazing eggs florentine for breakfast of which the quantity and quality of food was excellent. Service across all employers of the hotel was brilliant from reception, the spa staff, the doorman to the waiting and room staff. An amazing hotel and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room facing the city walls and Wheel of York
Bradford West Yorkshire
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I have just had an overnight stay for a Valentine's break and what can I say..... WOW
from arriving at the front entrance to be greeted by the doorman ,to the receptionist ,the porters etc we were treat like royalty !!.The hotel is a stylish and elegant and the rooms and bathrooms are huge .We did not use the spa but it looked to have good facilities and also we didn't eat in the restaurant for an evening meal so cannot comment.The location is also excellent.I was fortunate to book through Secret Escapes and in doing so made a substantial saving,so alas it may be a while before we visit again ,so I would like to say a big THANK YOU.

Burnley, England.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel to celebrate my husbands birthday and could not be more pleased with the accommodation. The majority of staff were extremely polite and courteous and the location is perfect for exploring within the city walls.

Upon arrival we were fortunate enough to receive an upgrade to a deluxe room, of which we were incredibly grateful. The room was spacious, had high quality finishings and unlike most hotel rooms was equipped with everything one could possibly need - including a full length mirror! We had room 306 which also features a his and her bathroom which included a large waterfall shower and bath as well as underfloor heating.

The use of the spa was included and was a pleasant experience. The system for using the spa was efficient and the facilities of a high standard including large pool, sauna, steam room and hydra pool/Jacuzzi. The facilities were rather busy due to it being half term.

We ventured out on a tour and for dinner in the evening and were pleasantly surprised to return to our room to find our bed ready for our return, water and glasses already placed on the night stands and some chocolates on our pillows. Just what you need after a day on your feet exploring the city.

The following morning, we received complimentary continental breakfast. Again, staff were friendly and personable, referring to us by name. The selection was large to cater for most tastes and the food tasty.

Check out was easy and the hotel kindly stored our luggage whilst we continued to explore the city prior to our train departure.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to others. It is perfectly located, offers luxurious relaxation after a day exploring the city, has helpful and friendly staff who take pride in their work and go that extra step to make your stay special and serves good quality food.

We had a wonderful stay celebrating my husbands birthday and will return again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, and excellent service from the receptionist, doorman, concierge, porters, bellboys etc. turn down service and complimentary shoe shine. i have stayed at the best hotels all over the world and the worst service is always found in Britain. Not at this hotel! The customer service is the best I have experienced in this country and the only quibble I found was the bar staff at the whiskey lounge were particularly slow at taking orders. Apart from that, relaxing, lovely spa and spacious, luxurious rooms with nice big bathrooms. And Molten Brown bath gels too!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple