I recently stayed at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel York this being my fourth visit.I would not advise anyone to book through a third party as I found we were given the worse rooms in the hotel.
Having been shown several rooms and taking the best of bad bunch we settled for a reasonable room but later finding several problems with it and in the end paid for a upgrade.
The previous stays had been booked direct through the hotel and we found it wonderful!
The problems we encounted were sorted out in the end but it took a lot of energy and complaining for this to happen.
Having said this I would go back but only through a direct booking to the hotel and upgrading to a executive room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa