My wife and I have recently spent our christmas holidays at this hotel. What a great time we had the hotel we knew was great as it was our second visit, but the staff seemed to go that extra mile this time. Everyone is so helpful and friendly, nothing is too much effort. As part of our holiday package we had a meal in the grill room, this was absolutely cracking. We also got christmas lunch as part of the deal. Again everything was spot on, then on the Boxing Day there was a afternoon tea in the boardroom which was delightful. We both left the hotel totally relaxed and refreshed. To sum it all up I can't recommend this hotel highly enough it is an oasis of calm in the centre of York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York