We stayed here for a few days as part of our honeymoon in October, and I can't fault a single thing. We booked a Junior Suite, it was a special occasion afterall, the booking experience was lovely with lots of communication beforehand about what our preferences were, to help us book restaurant tables, spa treatments etc. they asked if it was a special occasion too, but it was a lovely surprise when we checked in to be told we had been upgraded to a master suite! We were shown to our room where there was champagne and chocolates waiting and a card from the hotel to congratulate us. The suite was stunning, a large, comfortable lounge and dining room, guest bathroom, main bathroom with massive double walk in shower and underfloor heating and huge bedroom. Room service included laying our table with tablecloth, flowers and candles. Every member of staff we met was freindly and polite. Ther was a small issue that the hotel had no hot water when we first arrived, but the staff were very apologetic and the issue was sorted very quickly. The hotel itself is beautiful, wide hallways that you rarely get in modern hotels where every inch is used as a bedroom. We didn't use the restaurant in the end, but the food we had as room service was divine, and the breakfast baskets were amazing. The spa and pool were lovely, very relaxing treatments and during the day we had the pool and jacuzzi to ourselves. As you can tell, we were pretty blown away by it, it is simply the best place we have ever stayed. We most certainly will be back, perhaps to celebrate our anniversary, I would love to make staying here a tradition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa