Some wonderful memories made in a wonderful hotel. Our experience from start to finish was of great service provided by most excellent friendly warm staff. They are a credit to this hotel. We travelled by rail and after 2min walk arrived at a lovely building that has been refurbished to a very high standard with many of it's original features in fine splendour to still be able to enjoy. Being greeted by Reception and concierge in a very welcoming manner we felt we were in for something special. After being shown to our room passing wide corridors and elegant finishings we were very happy to find our 'Classic' room superb. Lovely view over the historic Walls, and Yorks very own 'Eye' going round slowly and majestically, all lit up. The room was very spacious, the bed so comfortable, conducive of a great nights sleep. Refreshments and toiletries all good quality. Classic room also has underfloor heating in the equisite bathroom along with bathrobes and slippers.
The lounge where we had pre and post dinner drinks has a delectable atmosphere with very comfortable sofa's for you to relax in whilst enjoying the bartenders wonderful cocktails and excellent wine.
We had breakfast in our room which was presented beautifully and was a delicious delight. We stayed here overnight as part of our Christmas shopping trip and after the hustle and bustle of York City, Cedar Court was a wonderful retreat to spoil ourselves in. I would recommend this hotel at a drop of a hat. We most certainly will return and hopefully soon. Thank you Cedar Court for doing such a Grand job!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa