From booking to reception to our leaving all that went on between means this is a place to which you want to return. Thanks. The staff are of the best. Room 332 was B I G and though very comfortable indeed does need something for it to be a more comfortable place. What made the experience of the best was no slamming of bedroom doors like cannons and sound creep from the room next door. Yes a shower control tap fell off/and the room temperature was iffy until house staff immediately put things to right. Thanks. Breakfast was tops. (To the housekeeping staff - looking after 'the bear' was appreciated!) This was not a cheap stay but that said 'you get what you pay for' and the experience was worth the paying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York