“Excellent quilt museum”

50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Excellent quilt museum”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's a bit off the beaten track but a must for anyone interested in quilting or needlework of any sort.
A very welcoming host will explain any of the exhibits.
Even my husband who is no needleworker enjoyed it.
Free to Art Fund ticket holders

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Fabsterabster
Rosie C, Manager at Quilt Museum and Gallery, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you were inspired by your visit and that your husband enjoyed it too. We feel that the quilts on display are so beautiful they can appeal to anyone, needleworker or not. Hope to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Go! Even if you don't sew!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I don't have a particular interest in sewing but just had to visit as the skills involved are spectacular.

The interior of the building where the quilts are displayed is beautiful. The items shown are amazing!! The room dimly lit due to the delicate nature of the exhibits. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable.

I even bought a little kit from the gift shop to make one myself, as I wanted to try something new.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Viki2478
Rosie C, Front Office Manager at Quilt Museum and Gallery, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review - I am delighted that you enjoyed the beautiful medieval building as well as the quilts. Good luck wioth your kit! Hope to welcome you again soon.
Surrey UK
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“A "Must Go" for those interested in Neddlework”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We popped in as planned during our weekend in York. A lovely visit to see so many historical quilts. A lovely exhibition and the ladies assisting we're ever so knowledgable and made our visit most interesting

Visited June 2013
Rosie C, Manager at Quilt Museum and Gallery, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review - we are delighted that the Museum inspired you to more sewing! Thank you also for your kind comments about our Volunteers. we hope to welcome you again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“must see if you sew!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

this is one of my favourites it was a little out the centre of York but I really found this to be the most pleasant museum for a sewer like me. there are a number of quilts on display but due to their age displays are changed throughout the year. Staff where very helpful and very kind. the all knew there subject matter well are answered all my questions with patience ( there were many questions!!) set it beautiful gardens and in a historical building a good day out

Visited June 2013
Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. The Museum's volunteers are extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic and will have loved answering your questions.Hope to welcome you again.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Quilt Museum”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I found the quilts fabulous...some people have so much patience. The modern samples done by the guild were so creative. Lovely building (once you can find it) and you can walk back along the city walls.

Visited June 2013
Thank you so much for your review - I am delighted you found us and enjoyed your visit, as well as the lovely walk along the walls. We hope to welcome you again.