“Tasteful Delight!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The main part of the restaurant is situated upstairs above the little shop, which is also very good. If you have any small requests that you wanted to alter your meal- they almost always will do it. The atmosphere is excellent and the food is modern yet authentic. Service is good however it can be a bit slow sometimes but it's well worth the wait. Meat seems to be quite fresh so it's a winner for me! Best to come in couples as it's not really catered for families- especially when its busy!

There are newer reviews for Little Italy

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My girlfriend loves Italian food, so as a treat on our trip to York i booked us a table at Little Italy. We arrived 15 minutes early, but were shown straight to our table next to a window in the upstairs restaurant. Food, service and decoration were all excellent, the restaurant was busy, but not noisy and very relaxed. The highlight for me was the Italian bread and butter pudding which I haven't had for years.

A great restaurant that should be on you visit list when you're in York.

1  Thank rcarson1979
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were a little early but our table was ready, service was first class and the food was absolutely amazing!! Starters were fresh and tasty, large enough to enjoy but not so big that it spoilt the main. I had fillet steak in a sauce that was utterly divine. The steak was so tender and the sauce was really tasty. My husband had chicken and that was also divine. Absolutely perfect in every way...I'll be raving about little Italy for a long time to come and will definitely go back there again. I would recommend booking well in advance as its busy but that is testament to the quality of this restaurant. Fantastic!

1  Thank Susanne D
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were staying just round the corner from this place and, after reading the reviews, were looking forward to a good meal. We were not disappointed! We were seated in the deli by an open door which was so welcome on a sweltering hot evening. We both chose king prawns as our main course and they were just perfect. For dessert we shared a tiramisu which was gorgeous. A very good restaurant and very good prices too.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Good value food from that day's specials list. The puddings that followed were delicious. All backed up by courteous, attentive service. Made a mental note to return and buy from the delicatessen downstairs. This restaurant is definitely on my list to return to.