“Excellent Italian Food with Excellent Service”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #4 of 870 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent Italian Food with Excellent Service”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for the first time this weekend after the great reviews. We were not disappointed - the food was delicious, the menu was large enough to give a good variety but not so large such that you worried they would be trying to offer too much. Service was friendly and efficient and not over-bearing. The wine list is a little on the pricey side but if this worries you, you can check it online before you book. You should probably try to book, especially for a weekend, but we did see one customer get a single table as a walk-in. Overall very impressed and we will return again. We live in York and this could become a regular for us and guests.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
“A return visit after 4 years”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I actually added this to TA and wrote the first review on this place back in 2009. As we were passing we decided to give it another try. My first review gave it an average mark and I guess this little Italian hadn't been up and running too long. I'm pleased to say it has improved with some great food. Several have mentioned the home cooked pasta which I agree was excellent. Service was attentive if a little rushed.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great service, Great food”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I don't normally write reviews unless i have a really poor or really exceptional experience, This restaurant is excellent and I will recommend to all my friends travelling to York. Great family run restaurant, good atmosphere and exceptional service especially from a lady who I presume was the Manager. The Food was fantastic, both me and my wife really enjoyed our evening and returned the next day to make a purchase from the Deli. A big well done and thank you for making our 10th wedding anniversary special, our visit was on the 22nd of June.

North Yorks
“Big flavours in Little Italy”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It can be hard to find Italian (or indeed, any) restaurants in central York that have not dropped to common denominator tourist-level standard. But friends kept recommending this place, so eventually we gave in, and went on a date on a child-free evening. First impression was very positive - it's a cheerful place where the staff are welcoming, and the presence of a family with young children who were obviously regulars made us think that perhaps the offspring should have come too. Most of the seating is in an upstairs room, light and full of small tables, overlooking the street.

The starter plate of mixed antipasti was just right - it came with Sardinian flatbread, which was light and crispy, and new to us. The home-made fresh pasta mains were delicious - black linguini with seafood for one, and cheese ravioli in a mushroom and truffle (not too truffly) sauce for the other. A rocket salad came with, and was fresh and light too. We did well on the wine, with a light and fresh (sorry, keep using that word) Barbera - not cheap, but worth it.

Criticisms? When I ask for a jug of tap water, please bring a jug not a glass - we were thirsty, and the wine is there to sip, not glug to slake a dry throat. A bit slow with the bill, but it was a busy evening and we weren't in a rush. Stop at the deli counter downstairs and have some of their mortadella and "music bread" on the way out, to take a little souvenir with you. Recommended.

Rochester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was one of the best Italian meals we have had. Went there for our 40th. anniversary on the 9th. June. Service,food and presentation A1. We will definately visit again when in York.