“Excellent Italian, friendly service.”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #6 of 929 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Just been here tonight with my partner, the food was very good, maybe a little overpriced for what you get but then again the service was excellent and friendly as was the atmosphere of the place so in that respect I suppose it was worth the money! :-)
We would definitely come here again.

1  Thank Tonyrichardson88
Write a ReviewReviews (2,247)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

the food was of a generous size and the service was very friendly. the mushroom starter with the bread was almost enough to prevent me from eating my fillet steak and freshly cut chips (not quite). my wife had the mushrooms too, followed by the lasagne, she looked at the size in disbelief. if ever i go back to york, i will definately bo going back here.

1  Thank JohnMolloy
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here for a romantic dinner and we were thoroughly impressed. The food was delicious and the service was top notch.

The only gripes that I would have with the experience was that the portions were fairly small. I had a risotto and was left a little bit hungry afterwards. I am however a greedy individual so this may be a little bit unfair. Furthermore, my girlfriend had a seafood spaghetti which was a huge portion so maybe my greedy stomach was just jealous of her dish!

In terms of value for money it is not extortionate by any stretch, although there are cheaper, and in my opinion tastier, restaurants in York which provide a better food experience.

Overall we had an enjoyable evening; the food and service was lovely. This restuarant IS great but I just want to stress that, in terms of quality of food and value for money, there are better eateries out their.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and i enjoyed a meal here on Sunday evening 10th March and quickly found it served better quality tastier dishes than your average Pizza/Lasagne so called italian fayre. We enjoyed sharing their ANTIPASTINI DELLA CASA to start which was marinated olives,mushrooms meats and cheeses, followed by pasta dishes containing Italian sausage in a spicy tomato sauce and Pasta with mushrooms in a white wine cream sauce dressed with truffle oil.The food tasted wonderful and fresh and we washed it down with a litre of their house red. All this served by polite attentative waiting staff in nice ambience.
I was beginning to imagine that I was dining in Tuscany until I got outside in 0.5degrees and snow. Looking forward to dining there again during April.

1  Thank ricaroo G
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Previously reviewed this restaurant on the 25th August 2012. Visited with same family and thoroughly enjoyed the two visits we made on the Tuesday and Thusday nights of the 19th and 21st of February 2013. If you like wholesome Italian food, in a pleasant environment, served by attentive staff, do not miss this gem. We would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to our future visits. A big thankyou to Sonia.

1  Thank Stuart H127