“Excellent restaurant”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Sheffield
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We walked passed this restaurant & commented how nice it looked then decided to turn round & go back to see if we could get a table. We were lucky they had a table for 2. The service, atmosphere & food was excellent. We both ordered Lasagne and I can honestly say it was the nicest Lasagne I've had for a long time. Would highly recommend it but would advise to book first!

1 Thank SheffieldVegas

• Chinese (Traditional) first
York, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Excellent as always. If your idea of an Italian dinner is Pizza and garlic bread then L. I. may not be for you. If you prefer perfectly pan fried fowl succulent grills (meat sourced locally) with the most delicious sauce, and proper home-made pastas all produced and served by the owners then you should give it a try.

Some of the mains take 20 minutes to prepare and a good way of passing the time is to share a bowl of olives with bread to mop up the fantastic oil that comes with it.

The staff are fantastic and my only disappointment is that Simone will not come and work with us!

• Visited February 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

good little restaurant close to york minster reasonable price,pasta dishes were very good, we would eat here again when re-visiting York

Visited March 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Superb food and service!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We ate at Little Italy on Monday evening and were very lucky to get a table without advance booking, when we arrived just after 8 o 'clock they were almost full and we soon realised why. From start to finish we had a superb evening, excellent friendly and attentive service combined with one of the best Italian meals we' ve had in a long time.

• Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A fantastic Italian in the middle of York”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was visiting York with my wife and had earlier visited their deli. The quality of the food from the deli was excellent, so we decided to try the restaurant for my wife's birthday. The antipasti was beautifully presented - it was artistic without being overly flouncy. My wife had the special (mussels) while I had the calamari. Both were cooked to perfection. A similar experience with the mains - the seafood spaghetti dish was well seasoned, not overcooked and tasted great. The spaghetti is made in house. My wife had a rustic Sardinian dish of cut sausages with pasta in a tomato sauce - which again was great. The panacotta desert was beautiful.

It's rare I come up trumps for the wife's birthday, but managed it this time! So thanks to all.

• Visited March 2013