“Great food!”

Goji Vegetarian Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 955 Restaurants in York
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Goji Cafe is a Vegetarian Cafe, Restaurant, Deli / Take-away in York. Much of our food is also Vegan.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I popped into York this afternoon as my husband had a work meeting there. We live in Leeds and I was looking for a vegan/veggie café and came across Goji. I was greeted with very friendly staff who very really lovely with my 4 year old daughter too :) When the food arrived, I was pretty much over the moon with the quality and the quantity and the time taken to make the dish. I had the stir fry and it was worth waiting for. Friendly, calm and lovely food and staff. This is what you want when you want to get out of the rain! Great cuppa tea too!

2  Thank kirstinmazzy

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Visited Goji for lunch whilst shopping in York. The food was fresh and of top quality, not to mention delicious. As a vegan I like my food to give me a buzz and this did. Will definitely eat here again.

3  Thank Jamilla9
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've eaten here once before and the food was of a similar standard to the previous occasion. The soup starter was very nice but the 'Eatloaf' main course was pretty dry,bland and tasteless although the sauce was Ok. One of my friends had a stew which he also said was very bland. I admit that i'm not a vegetarian and a vegetarian restaurant wouldn't be my first choice (I was with a group of friends). However, some of my friends who are vegetarian have cooked me much tastier food than this so I know that vegetarian food doesn't have to be this bland. The decor of the place is miserable. We were in the upstairs room which i can only describe as gloomy. Also it's not cheap - £18 for 2 courses or £22 for 3 courses. I must admit that the desserts looked very nice but as the service was so slow (they blamed a cook not turning up) that we didn't get our main course until 2 hours after sitting down and I really couldn't be bothered to wait even longer for a dessert.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Really nice tasty food & substantial portions served by pleasant, helpful staff. The decor however needs improving and detracts from the quality and standard of the food and overall experience. We ate in an upstairs 'yellow room' where the original wooden floor was attractive but the overall general decor was jaded and depressing and the 'artwork' could not be described as a joy to behold. The owners should perhaps consider inviting talented local arts students to exhibit their work on the cafe walls. The experience of customers would be much improved.

3  Thank Suchas
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I came for breakfast this morning. I really enjoyed the vegan granola and the green tea I had with it was also enjoyable. The cafe staff are very warm, friendly and informative. I'll be coming back to try the wide selection of vegan cakes.

3  Thank misterprezzo