“very tasty curry”
Review of Jorvik Spice

Jorvik Spice
Ranked #183 of 903 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Enjoyed a really nice meal.Food was cooked to a very high standard and tasted delicious.Service was spot on,the staff are very friendly and polite.

There are newer reviews for Jorvik Spice

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We managed to get into the Early Bird Offer about 5 minutes before it finished for the night and it was a very good deal.
The food was plentiful and hot and all very tasty. Myself and my partner had different choices and we enjoyed all dishes, washing it down with a bottle of Cobra. Coming from Leicester we are very experienced in Indian Cuisine as we have dozens, and this one is one of the better places we have eaten. The only slight disappointment was the Lamb in the mains, it was quite tough, maybe reheated I dont know, but Lamb needs to be tender in my opinion in Curry dishes rather than slightly chewy. Everything else was spot on.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Oh dear, we have lived within half a mile of this restaurant for 18 years, but it took a Groupon voucher offer to get us to eat here. We went at about 19.30. There was no alcohol licence available when we went, which was explained very quickly so a quick visit to the local Sainsbury provided rather better wine than we would usually pay for at restaurant rates.
Our party was 5, there were others in and they quite obviously were regulars. We quickly discovered why. In an area of York with plenty of Indian restaurants to choose from we all enjoyed all we had, and ignoring the Groupon savings, it was more reasonable than others nearby. Perhaps not so upmarket but a recommended experience, and those of you whom stay in the several large hotels nearby give this a try instead of going into central York and paying their premiums.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant on Wednesday evening with my three children. We all had the early bird offer. This deal seemed too good to be true! The food was amazing and the amount of food was unbelievable! Staff were friendly and attentive. Really enjoyed our meal and will definitely visit again when in York.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hadn't eaten Indian in a while so we thought we'd give this restaurant a go. The restaurant was fairly busy. My wife had a fish curry dish and I had a twice cooked lamb curry. As sides we had pilau rice, riata and a plain naan. Both mains were not that memorable, the riata and the naan were good. When it came to pay - their card reader did not work and they asked for cash. I told them I didn't have any and they said " well there is a machine down the road you can go to" NOT impressed at all!! When I go to York next - I will not go back.