“Quite a find!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are frequent visitors to York and are always on the lookout for good places to eat. We loved the atmosphere, very cosy. We had dishes from the Specials board and they were very good value. We will return on our next visit.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Quirky space undercover and heated but outdoor: hearty homemade soup fantastic, the baggets large, but the thin plastic meat (beef) a real letdown. Service very good.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate here as a big group for a birthday meal, the service was excellent, the food was good, we got platters to share which were really nice and our main meals were good and all they were checking if we wanted drinks every so often which is nice, well worth a try!!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had heard about this place a lot and decided to give it a try. The place itself is beautiful, not a bad drink selection and the atmosphere is nice. The staff however are not and neither is the food. The staff seemed uninterested in serving me throughout my time there. When the food eventually came to the table, I cut into my burger and found it to be bright pink. I personally don't think the burgers should be cooked that way, it's not a steak and if that's how you're wanting to serve it at least ask If I want it well done or rare! However I'll always try my food before complaining about it, It was inedible. Luckily I ordered a side dish so I sat and ate that instead.

1  Thank S C
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great bar food, huge poritons and decent prices. Staff are canny, location is central, outdoor area is cool