“star quality”

Lucia Wine Bar & Grill
Ranked #61 of 916 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned restaurant serves Italian, Spanish and Mediterranean dishes with world class cocktails in a holiday type of feeling at our cosy indoor and outdoor space.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Spent a night in York last week and decided to go to Lucia after reading about it on the web. I was already aware they did not take reservations, so I was expecting to wait, which is fine. On our arrival I was surprised how busy it was for a Sunday night. After fearing the worst myself and my wife were shown to our table within a few minutes. The meal was excellent, my burger with blue cheese was one of the best i've ever had! and the service was second to none, attentive, professional and spot on. The venue is really nice and there is so much more to it than just a restaurant, it's a great place to just go and chill...all in all a fantastic experience.

LUCIAWINEBAR, Manager at Lucia Wine Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Wow, thanks for such amazing feedback!!! We take great pride in both our food and customer service, so it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed both!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I'd been looking for weeks where to eat while I was in York and thought I had it all planned but then while we was there we stumbled across this restaurant and I'm so glad we did! The atmosphere was brilliant and I felt like I could of been in another country.it was lively and classy but best of all the food was gorgeous! Iv been to York a few times and this was the best meal iv had while there!

Fantastic!!! Glad you stumbled across us and had such an amazing time!! Hopefully you stop by again the next time you're in York!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

there is no booking system at Lucia's but upon arrival you are given a numbered card and shown to an upstairs lounge where you can have a drink. we waited 30 minutes for a table for 2 on a very busy Friday night.
Service was efficient and friendly. my food was great although my husband's chicken skewer was a bit dry.
Great atmosphere in a reasonably priced establishment.

Glad to hear you had a pleasant visit! Hopefully you'll visit us again soon!!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant and amazing prices. Great value for money. I always go here for lunch when I meet friends in York. We usually have the starters and choose a few to share. Never had a bad meal here. Always consistently good.

It's lovely to hear that you come so regularly!! Hopefully it won't be long before we see you again!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The day we visited was the first day of York Races and it was a little noisy with race goers who had obviously been either celebrating or commiserating their wins and losses! That aside, the choice and quality of food was faultless and the service was excellent. We had to wait a short time for a table in the very nice bar upstairs. Prices were very reasonable.

Thanks for such great comments!! It does get very busy during the Races and can get a little noisy but we hope that this didn't detract from your otherwise enjoyable experience!!