“Very enjoyable”

Lucia Wine Bar & Grill
Ranked #61 of 903 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned restaurant serves Italian, Spanish and Mediterranean dishes with world class cocktails in a holiday type of feeling at our cosy indoor and outdoor space.
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Here you can eat outside or in (there's blankets draped over te outside chairs). The restaurant is situated up a quiet side street.
On a chilly night, the three of us took cover inside.
Our starters, mains and the wine we chose were all very good.
Would recommend a visit.

LUCIAWINEBAR, Manager at Lucia Wine Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your review, always pleased to hear such nice comments, we pride ourselves on great customer service and fantastic food whatever the weather we hope to see you again soon :)

There are newer reviews for Lucia Wine Bar & Grill

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A good place for a casual meal in nice surroundings. It does get busy due to not having many covers, so sometimes you may have to wait for a table. Once seated, the service is good. The menu is reasonable but the food is average.

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your dish as much as we would have hoped but I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the overall restaurant experience, if ever there is a problem please don't hesitate to speak to our on duty manager who will be very happy to replace a dish if disliked, we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a family dinner in the courtyard. The Mediterranean atmosphere was helped by outdoor heaters which got us all stripped to t shirts in a matter of minutes. We've had a mixture of starters, probably the best part of the meal, although I wouldn't say they were value for money.(The lamb skewer was minute and resting on the huge bed of rice.)
The mains arrived promptly and looked good, but vegetarian salad with aubergine and haloumi (or was it feta?) was the blandest meal I had for years! The risotto with sea food was below average and as for the chicken salad, it was equally bland as mine! We skipped the puddings, they looked tired and mass produced.
The best part of the meal was service, it was graceful, efficient and friendly - as for the kitchen staff, they need retraining!
Needles to say we will not be going to Lucia's again!

Thank you for your review, I have passed your comments regarding your food to the correct department who will deal with this matter immediately, we appreciate your lovely words of our service, we hope this matter hasn't discouraged you from returning to Lucia, we hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My partner and I visited this Saturday as we were in York for my birthday weekend. We arrived just after 9pm (as we had been on a ghost walk) and were told that there would be an hour wait for a table, this wasn't a proboem and we were shown upstairs to the lovely bar area where we had a couple of drinks and had a look at the menu while we waited. We were eventually shown to a table in the outside dining area, which I was really quite pleased about! We were sat right under a patio heater and as I was wearing a dress I made use of one of the lovely fleecy blankets. We ordered starters to share which were the mussels in a spicy tomato sauce, deep fried calamari and also the prawns along with some bread and oil. All of the starters were excellent and I especially liked the calamari, these were well cooked and the mayonaise that came with them was very tasty. For main course I ordered the Lamb Rump, cooked pink and my partner had the Belly Pork with Chorizo and Black Pudding. Both main courses were again cooked to perfection, piping hot and very very enjoyable. We also ordered a litre carafe of the house red, which was very acceptable and at a total of £54 (not including the pre dinner drinks) we found it to be very good value.
The only minor criticism I would have is that the food was served very quickly indeed, as we were both hungry this wasn't a huge problem, but I would usually like to take a more leisurely approach to dinner and I would hope that this wouldn't be an issue to ask them to slow things down a bit on a future visit.

LUCIAWINEBAR, Manager at Lucia Wine Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased to hear of your excellent experience and hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had dinner two nights here. Really good atmosphere - all age groups. Excellent manager and staff. Good menu. Sensible prices. Recommended to us, and strongly recommended to others. Where other restaurants/cafes were empty, Lucias was very busy both nights.

Thank you for your review, we are very happy to hear about your visit, our customer service and atmosphere are very important to us so once again thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon