“Just what we were after!”

Kennedys Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 903 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Kennedy's Bar and Restaurant is unique to York, set in the quarter, just a stone's throw from York Minster, Kennedy's offers a stylish and modern setting for people to drink and dine, and features a roof top sun terrace, a contemporary ground floor bar and dance floor. Kennedy's pride themselves on relaxed friendly service and freshly prepared food.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited Kennedy's on the 15th August with friends. I'd already seen that there was a 2 for 1 on bigplates via vouchercloud for Kennedy's so was keen to check it out, but was more keen to sit outside as the sun was out, so we went to have a look, not 100% definite that that was where we were going to eat if there wasn't any sunny parts.

There was seating outside on the street but that was in the shade, so I was hoping there'd be something else. My friend saw they had a rooftop terrace, and it was just what we were after. For anyone wanting a view from the rooftop, there isn't one as it's got buildings all around it, but you don't feel overlooked as it's fenced around - I bet it's a great place to have a few drinks when it's dark with all the lights on.

The food was very tasty - I had the fish pie which wasn't a massive portion, but with the delicious bread it filled me up and I felt content. Others with me had the burgers which looked amazing (I had slight food envy looking at theirs), and the fish cakes, again which looked very tasty.

I love York and our visit to Kennedy's made it an even better day. I would go as far as to say it was one of my highlights of the day. I will definitely be visiting Kennedy's again.

Big thanks goes to our waitress who I think was called Becky. She looked after us very well, was very friendly and gave us tips on the best places to shop! Thanks Becky!

Karen W, Guest Relations Manager at Kennedys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

That's such a lovely review :)
Hope you and your friends enjoyed your time in York as well as Kennedy's and we would love to welcome you back. Maybe for that late night drink on our terrace.
Becky will be really pleased you enjoyed your time with us and she was of help with your shopping.

There are newer reviews for Kennedys Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed August 18, 2013

had a few beers after a days shopping then decided to eat in here for a change as i was really hungry, soon seated and presented with a menu, ordered chicken cesar salad, after a 15 minute wait (which i think is good considering the place was packed) the waitress presented me with what i can only describe as an amazing large bowl of fresh mixed leaves & salad, plenty of hot fresh char grilled chicken, panchetta,croutons, wafer thin bits of tasty cheese & anchovies all drizzled in a lovely home made cesar dressing, didn't leave any and believe me had to force the last bit in just no way was i going to leave any of this, finished off with a really nice illy fresh coffee, thankyou kennedy's you made my day will definatly be returning again.

Wow our chef will be delighted that you enjoyed your Cesar Salad so much, have to say its one of my favourites too. Look forward to seeing you again on your next shopping trip or maybe just a evening out. Thank you for the very nice review.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

While staying next door in the amazing Fort we ate at Kennedys, as a guest you get 20% off your meals which is a really nice gesture seeing most places know they have you and charge what ever they can to get extra out of you. Anyway regardless of the discount the food, service and drinks were all wonderful. We had breakfast & evening meals and they were better than anything we've had whilst travelling around to UK
Oh and the lattes are as good as any premium priced coffee shop!

Pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Fort and your time spent in Kennedys. We love our illy coffee here at Kennedy's and our staff are super good at making it. Great that you made the most of your time with us and thank you for the lovely review.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fun place, especially on the weekend. Staff seem pretty good! Would definitely recommend going here if you are in York for a night out.

Hope you had a great weekend and very pleased your enjoyed your time in Kennedys. Thank you for taking the time out to write us a review and we would love to welcome you back when your next in York.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went into Kennedys Bar for a drink after our meal. The service was fantastic. We ordered a Cup of Tea and drinks which were very nice and came very quickly. The staff were very friendly and polite.

Lovely to hear you had such a nice experience with us and hope you have managed to get in to see us over the summer.