All reviewsbootham suitelord mayorsgreat locationapartment was cleanfriends hen partygreat apartmentshen nightthe sofa bedcentral locationcar parkself cateringsitting roomwould stay againgreat showermini breaktea and coffeetop floor
Reviewed October 31, 2017

We stayed here for one night to have a "mini break" in York. The position is ideal, they have parking (extra charge) within easy walking distance & you can forget the car & walk all over York city centre without any problem. The apartment was small, though contains everything you need & tastefully furnished. It can be a bit noisy from the street & upstairs & the bathroom floor in ours needs taking up & re-laying because it's all loose from - I'd guess - a previous water leak. Overall though, great value & good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Goodramgate, Public Relations Manager at Goodramgate Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Hello

Thank You for your review.

I'm glad you liked your mini break here in York. We appreciate your comments and will look into the issues you mentioned about the bathroom.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Lovely apartment, bedroom was particularly nice. Really enjoyed our stay here. Good location as close to everything. Must search for parking before visit as we were a bit stuck where to go. There were building works going on whilst we were there which you could hear though, and could hear the other apartments quite loud and clearly. Good place if you're going out, probably not so much if you weren't planning on going out at night.

Hello,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you liked the apartment and location. I'm sorry you found the car park difficult to find, York isn't the easiet to drive around! I'm sorry you were disturbed by the building works going on nearby, they have now finished so we can rest assure that wouldn't be a problem for any future stays.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my wife have just spent a night in the lovely Bootham suite. We were pleasantly surprised by the spacious apartment and it’s fantastic location. Just a stones throw from all the wonder York has to offer. The apartment was tastefully decorated throughout. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Parking is situated less than 100mtrs away and only £12 which is fantastic when compared to other parking sites. The only downside was it being a little noisy due to the apartment directly upstairs, this can’t be helped though as its a beautiful historic building which can of course be a little creaky but after a day of sightseeing and the comfortable bed it really didn’t matter! Will most definitely return. Very happy customers!

Hello,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear you had a nice stay with us in the Bootham Suite. We appreciate your kind comments about the staff and will make sure they see this review. Please stay again soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Pros: Location; two floor apartment; kitchen facilities; freeview TV; office very close by & polite staff; waterfall shower head.
Cons: Squeaky floorboards which can disturb sleep (other tenants); very firm bed (personal preference).
Overall a good experience, would stay again.

Hello,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the location and found the staff to be polite. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the squeaky floorboards, we try and do our best to diminish the sqeakiness however the building is 200 years old and we can be a little restricted when rennovating. We're continuously working on it though. We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Until now I have always booked rooms in conventional hotels and never really considered self catering as an option. I booked with Goodramgate Apartments before realising it was self catering accommodation but then I was in rush to rescue my holiday week after ditching Dublin thanks to Ryanair. Bookings are non refundable so cancelling wasn't an option. However I'm very pleased I found this place. The apartments are right next to the city walls and immediately in front of Monks Bar being one of the medieval gates to the city. It's also on the edge of a large retail park with a large Sainsburys only five minutes walk away making self catering a doddle. If shops are difficult to get to then I should imagine this would not be so easy an option. Needless to say the many York attractions are within easy reach. The apartment was large having a combined living area and kitchen, separate bedroom and bathroom with a large walk in shower. The shower did not have door which made keeping water in quite difficult. Everything needed to make for a comfortable stay was provided including a microwave and toaster. The apartment was very clean and furnished to a high standard. I enjoyed my three night stay here and particularly the feeling of freedom and independence such an arrangement provided. One downside to staying here is parking. No parking is allowed in the vicinity of the apartment and the nearby 'Pay and Display' car park is closed at around 10pm (!?). Parking in nearby residential streets is resident permit parking so I had to park my car a mile away up Monk gate road being the nearest unrestricted parking I could find. I parked near an area called Tang Hall which is a bit rough looking and I was worried about the safety of my car. Luckily nothing ill happened to it. Parking issues is obviously not the fault of Goodramgate Apartments but I felt it needed mentioning and should be considered since it was a bit of a hike to the car and back each day. Staying at this place greatly enhanced my visit to York and I can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Ludger4
Goodramgate, Public Relations Manager at Goodramgate Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

It's great to hear that our self catering apartments were a pleasant suprise for you. I'm glad you liked the apartment you stayed in.

In terms of parking, we have private parking 1 minute away, right behind Keystones pub. We sell parking permits for this in reception. There is also Monk Bar car park which is also a minutes walk just off Lord Mayors Walk, that is a 24/7 car park and never closes. We do provide information about these in our description when you booked, and would have been happy to help if you had mentioned you had come in a car and were having difficulty finding parking.