“Best restaurant ever !!!!”
Review of Ippuku Tea House

Ippuku Tea House
Order Online
Ranked #122 of 1,036 Restaurants in York
Description: We offer various type of teas from Japan, China and India for British people and hand drip coffee from selected coffee companies. We also offer casual and authentic Japanese style food and sweets for gluten free, vegetarian and vegan, too.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Such a cosy, and quirky little restaurant. Lovely staff, waitress gave us recommendations and so accommodating for vegans (even had vegan squirty cream!!) Food was delicious and so well priced! Can’t wait to go back, absolutely loved our time here! Thank you ippuku tea house :-)

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (110)

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Absolutely fabulous! Can't recommend it enough. Food was amazing and the staff were so friendly and helpful, explaining everything on the menu.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019

I am addicted to Mancha latte and that is what attracted me into Ippuku. It was a properly made, very generous bowl of deliciousness. The staff were pleasant, though could be a bit more focused on their customers. It's a very tiny place with few tables and those are close together. It is not just a tea house, it has a short menu of reasonably priced Japanese dishes, served in the Japanese way, so I went back to eat from their delicious menu. I found something vegetarian which was very filling and I really enjoyed. I was however it really irritating to be forced to listen to another table's occupant's drivel. It's probably most comfortable to eat there at off peak times, or if a group take over the whole seated area. I did like it alot though and hope they continue to do well.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

Good taste and lovely atmosphere with smooth Japanese animation OST tracks. Beef is much greater than other Japanese restaurant in UK.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2019 via mobile

To busy taking online orders to serve customers properly had to call out to staff in the end to get served, even though there were only 2 tables in including us! Ruined the experience for me. Food was mediocre at best.

Date of visit: December 2019