“An air of confidence. Still do half carafes of wine.”
Review of Mamma Mia

Mamma Mia
Ranked #118 of 920 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had a lovely comfortable meal here. It is family run with mum, dad and a daughter and there were two chefs. I arrived just after opening time and was promptly attended to with my food arriving quickly; all of it tasty. As the restaurant filled up, service continued to be prompt for the newcomers. There was an air of confidence and efficiency all the time. For pudding I asked for a tiramisu. Mum told dad who knocked this dish up plus all the sprinkles and decorations and brought it to me. The whole process took just short of a minute. They still do carafes and half carafes of wine, which many restaurants no longer do, so it is much better value than paying per glass.

I went on a recommendation from a workmate from York and it lived up to what I hoped for.

1  Thank Sweedlepipe

Reviewed December 12, 2012

following our visit in February, we went to Mamma Mia again on our xmas shopping trip saturday 8th december.
this visit was even better than before. Service excellent,excellent value for money,staff very friendly and the food was to die for - the pancakes as a starter are not to be missed.
Staff showed interest - but not too fussy just the right amount of checking with you as you ate.
Keep up the good work - we will definitely be back again

1  Thank sreven_byram
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was booked by friends, years ago I said I'd never go again after a group of us were kept waiting for an exceptionally long time before being served. Anyway, it wasn't our turn to choose the restaurant so this was where we found ourselves. The starters looked lovely an according to our friends tasted good too. We'd decided to share a garlic bread, but because we were sat opposite each other and the table was too small to put it in the middle, one of us had to have it in front of them and the other had to keep passing slices across - not nice. Three of us chose from the specials board and by coincidence it was the same thing. I was very disappointed with my dish of mushroom filled pasta in tomato sauce. What mushroom there was in the pasta was drowned by the sauce, very disappointing taste, I've had better filled pasta from the supermarket. It was a long time after our main course before we were asked if we wanted anything else, we'd decided by then that we should just leave. Despite the other good reviews I've read I won't be going back.

1  Thank MarDee22
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I booked a table after looking at the website, we were very impressed by the quality of the food and the service we received from the staff. The restaurant was busy and it was a Wednesday, often they are quieter mid week, but the service was still good and we never felt neglected! Menu choice is good and excellent quality. We enjoyed it so much we went back the following evening and enjoyed another excellent good value meal, only wish they were in Manchester!!!!

1  Thank Margaret C
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We arrived on the off chance to see if we could get a table. No problem, great service with a very good selection of drinks and food. The service was continuously good and between dishes we were not bombarded with dish after dish, all at a relaxed pace. The food was of an exceptionally good standard. If staying at York Minster Hotel then this restaurant is only a quick walk from the hotel, we went here on the recommendation of the staff at the York Minster Hotel. Highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.

1  Thank Rocketman40