Tripadvisor

Review of Cafe at No 12

Cafe at No 12
Ranked #32 of 76 Coffee & Tea in York
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful little cafe opposite the Marriot, so happy we decided to opt out of getting breakfast at the hotel, had no idea the cafe was there, popped in on the off chance without booking, and got a table straight away. Local produce used, strong hot coffee that hits the spot, food delicious, had the sourdough with feta, tomatoes, avocado and poached egg, probably tastiest breakfast I've had in years, my wife had a bacon sandwich in fresh baked bread nice and simple but sooo delicious packed full of bacon on soft bread. Just wish it was open tomorrow (Sunday)

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank NicolaHBrad
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed July 27, 2019

I just went for breakfast here with my family and a dog. We weren't totally sure that it was dog friendly, but as soon as we walked in and asked, the lady said "of course!", made a fuss of our dog, and brought him over a big pile of treats!
The lady was really warm and friendly, chatting to us and serving us very promptly and professionally. Our coffees were lovely (my mum even bought some of the beans afterwards!) and the breakfasts were very nice. Two of us had poached egg on toast, the other had smashed avocado on toast. They were hearty portions done perfectly.
I don't know how I resisted buying a cake because they looked wonderful!
It's a very small, cosy cafe, so I'd recommend getting there early or you might not be able to get a seat. We got there for 9am opening, but by 10am there weren't enough seats for everyone. There is parking round the back of the cafe.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank MotherOfHamsters
Reviewed July 5, 2019 via mobile

Had parked at nearby car park and noticed whilst cycling. After 3 hours of cycling went in. Made me welcome and comfortable. Had tuna on brown bread with cucumber and a healthy salad plus a helping of crisps. Tasty and coffee good to

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019

Dropped in for breakfast when staying overnight in York. Very friendly staff. Great, freshly prepared food and good coffee.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Strolled upon this little cafe when visiting the national trust place across the road. Serves vegan friendly, gluten free options all with a very friendly quaint service! Perfect happy accident. Thumbs up!

Date of visit: March 2019