“A very nice Indian restaurant”
Review of Mumbai Lounge

Mumbai Lounge
Ranked #64 of 903 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Using TA I had wanted an Indian restaurant for a family event in York and chose the Mumbai Lounge because of the recommendations. It was spot-on. The service was excellent and friendly with no rush to move from one course to the next. As an Indian lover this met all my expectations. We had a wide variety of courses and all were well-pleased.

Just a couple of points let it down for me. Compared to the prices I typically pay it was a tad expensive. We also had a table which felt the breeze every time the door was opened which meant some of my guests were a little cold.

Tip: Ask for a table away from the entrance.

There are newer reviews for Mumbai Lounge

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Thursday evening. Very impressed with the meals. Large succulent pieces of chicken and extremely tasty. There was no grease or oils on the curry or nan bread. The service was also very attentive. We sat downstairs which had a lovely atmosphere. We will be recommending to family and friends who visit York in the future. Best curry house in York.We did try a another curry house called THE RAJ. It was horrible .

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Had a really good night and were really happy with the quality of service and food on for my dad and his partner who's birthdays it was, we were absolutely delighted with the extras Mumbai Lounge gave us after telling them it was for 2 birthdays, the extras were balloons, cake and a free round of drinks. The level of service and attention from your colleagues was top class, and they are a credit to your business.
The food was fantastic and hit the spot with all our 12 guests.
The Mumbai Lounge also sorted out the reservation time as we needed to change it, it was changed to 8pm which was a lot better for us and meant we were to number according to the 12 people I booked for.

Thankyou again, and I will certainly be returning again in the future.

1  Thank YorkshireLad1919
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Eight of us visited the Mumbai Lounge on Saturday evening, the place , staff and meal were all top quality. We were visiting York for the weekend and was recommended this restaurant by a local. We are visiting again in May and would definitely go again.The best Indian food we have had in a long time.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We went on a Sunday so wasn't too busy. Very attentive service and didn't have to wait long for our meals. Food was lovely and would definitely recommend. Value for money and look forward to my next visit.