“Good food, expensive drinks.”
Review of Mumbai Lounge

Mumbai Lounge
Ranked #141 of 955 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Visited 14th January for a birthday meal fo four. A friendly greeting and we were shown straight to a table.The menu was extensive. Waiting staff were efficient and polite. Staters quite tasty and well presented, main courses were delicious, when they arrived but the service was very slow. Seemed on the expensive side 100.00 including drinks.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,179)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We ate here as a couple on a friday evening. So glad I booked as although farily quiet when we arrived the restaurant soon filled up.
We were seated downstairs which we thought was like putting us out of the was (only 1 other couple in there) but it was more intimate and upstairs seemed more for larger parties.
There were no drinks on draught however the bottle were large so not as many ordered.
The meal itself has to be the best Indian I have ever had.
We decided not to have starters but the main course was outstanding. The only 'odd' thing for me was that my curry was served to the table in a pan. I did think at first it was a traditional indian cooking pan but it was a frying pan and had tefal on the handle. This did not change the quality of the meal. The chicken in both of our meals was cooked superbly and just fell to pieces, delicious!
Orange segment were served at the end of the meal which is something I have not had before but were nice and refreshing after a spicy curry.
Gutted we live so far away as we would both definitely eat here again.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We came on Friday night for a birthday meal, and I can honestly say it was the best Indian I had ever had! The chicken was amazing! Service was quick and attentive. Great overall experience! 5/5! :)

1  Thank gina c
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I would just like to share my experience yesterday evening at the Mumbai Lounge in York. We were visiting from Blackpool for my birthday, and after a lovely day of shopping, sightseeing and a few drinks my partner and I decided to head for the Mumbai for my birthday meal. We were greeted by very friendly staff as we entered a very busy restaurant. We hadn't booked but was whisked to the bar area and told they would find us a table as soon as they could. Within about 10 minutes our order was taken and we were shown to a table.
As we were waiting for the main course I started to feel quite poorly from some medication I had taken and on serving the food I was unable to eat anything. My partner explained to the
manager what had happened and he empathised and offered to take the food away and cancel it off the bill. All the staff were so attentive and concerned for my welfare we couldn't have asked for better service than this. They really know how to put their customers first.
Luckily for my partner, he did manage to eat most of his main course and was able to confirm that the food was just as amazing as the service we had just received. A massive thank you to all the staff at the Mumbai and we will definitely be recommending this fab restaurant to all our friends and cannot wait to return to York for the pleasure of the Mumbai Lounge.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Food and customer service was fantastic. Pleasant happy staff with a smile, food that made you feel it was cooked for you and not just anybody. Thanks again.

1  Thank walker1415