“The best curry you'll ever have!”
Review of Mumbai Lounge

Mumbai Lounge
Ranked #72 of 909 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

It really is the best Indian you will ever have. I've eaten at some of the top Indian restaurants in London, and they don't have a patch on Mumbai!

They use the highest quality ingredients, and as fresh as possible, the chicken is proper chicken too! If you know what I mean! Not the nasty reconstituted, water pumped stuff which if trying new indian restaurants out, is the one thing I feel most anxious about coming across!

It's a sign of a good restaurant when you and your friends don't say' 'let's get a curry tonight?' its 'Mumbai tonight?'

The one thing about Indian restaurants now trying to be so modern.. Is that they are so brightly lit! If Mumbai just had a spot of mood lightening it was completely perfect! :)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our meal here- Exquisitely presented food, amazing flavours, lively atmosphere and welcoming, friendly service. That sums it up really.
We read these reviews to help us decide where to eat, and found this site to be very helpful.
We can only say that his restaurant lived up to its good name- really excellent, enjoyable meal. Choose the Mumbai Lounge.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went on a Sunday night, restaurant was pretty empty, we were showed to a table next to the front door, my wife had to put her coat back on because it was so draughty, the table cloth next to ours was literally wafting in the breeze, the food was outstanding it's just a shame the level of service and attention weren't the same.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I ate here last night. We have passed by several times and it is always busy. The service was very good and we were seated right away, even though we didn't have reservations. This was on a friday evening around 6. We were seated in their downstairs area.

They have sauces already set at the table, inviting you to order poppadoms. We were not sure if the sauces were complimentary or not and ordered six poppadoms. For two people four is definitely enough. They are pretty big. The sauces were nice, but it was a bit pricey. 5-something total for the poppadoms and sauce.

I ordered the Afraan Chicken and my husband ordered the Shalimar Kharni. His had a touch of cream and a mild spice and mine was much spicier and overall much tastier, though both were good. Mine made my tongue and lips tingle/burn which, to me, means a good meal! The naan was also very good.

At the end, you get orange slices, a piece of chocolate each, and warm disposable towels.

Might warn against wearing a sweater here in winter as it was WARM inside!! Felt nice but a bit much if wearing anything very warm.

I would definitely recommend this place, but I also really like Mirchiz, and think their menu is slightly more diverse (not in a bad way, but they have a wider array of things involving cream and fruit/nuts and several items that are listed as very spicy and look very interesting). They tend to be busy as well, so either way, making a reservation is a good idea.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We visited this restaurant as a result of other trip advisor reviews and are very glad we read the reviews. Quite simply it was the best curry we have ever had. Don't bother looking at other Indian restaurant reviews just go here. We would recommend booking as the place was very busy considering it was a Wednesday. The staff are friendly, efficient and there was a great atmosphere. Everything about the place is great!!