“Great night.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited with a party of 12 and any fears generate by poor reviews evaporated quickly due to:
Friendly and efficient service
great quality food (all of our party was delighted
good value

We will all be visiting again.
Great!

There are newer reviews for Indian Ocean

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent Food at this restaurant

My wife and I use this for takeaways regularly and last week went for a meal in the restaurant itself.

The staff were attentive from the moment we walked in and the food was outstanding the Chingri crab starter was absolutely fantastic for me and my wife enjoyed her king prawn butterfly.

My main was the Indian Ocean Special (Madras Hot) wand was really tasty and just the right heat, the missus plumped for her usual bhuna and the meat was wonderfully tender and the sauce as tasty as ever. The accompanying vegetable rices and garlic nans only added to the high standatd of the meal.

Only downpoint was the cost of the cider (bottles only) - but all in all a fantastic experience.

We then ventured to The Sun next door for a couple of drinks and as we left the delivery driver from Indian Ocean spotted us and kindly gave us a lift home.

All in all an excellemnt dining experience.

Top marks to you all

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My fiancée and I decided to try the Indian Ocean for a sit down meal as we'd had a takeaway from them in the past, and loved the food.

From the moment we arrived things were a little disappointing.. We went up to the front to say we'd arrived and get shown our table but the man there was on the phone, which was ok but he didn't look up to acknowledge us, then when he'd finished on the phone he still did something else before finally making eye contact. That was fair enough, I thought maybe just that guy was a bit rude.

The restaurant wasn't too busy but it took a fair while to order drinks, we also said yes we'd like a pickle tray and poppadoms, when the drinks came a different guy took our order and asked again if we'd like poppadoms, fair enough, miscommunication.

Now the food was lovely, I enjoyed every bite.. But here's a thing, we didn't have napkins, in fact nobody did! Had they run out? Who knows. The staff never once said please or thank you, smiled or offered any welcoming gestures so we didn't fancy asking for napkins and ill be honest, that's something I would just expect in a restaurant.

Final insult, the man who came with the bill passed the chip and pin to my fiancée, I said I'm paying tonight and he just flung it in front of me and walked off!! I put in my pin, took my receipt out and waited a good few minutes for him to come back for it, when he pretty much grabbed it and walked off, no thank you, nothing from he guy on the front desk either. RUDE.

I threw away the takeaway menu when I got home. Lovely food but unfortunately we went away really annoyed and feeling like we were an inconvenience for the staff and won't be going back. One smile or kind word could've saved this review from 'terrible' but not this time!

1  Thank Diamondpony
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Friendly atmosphere, asked us if the food was ok then left us alone; which I like. Food was tasty, hot is hot - as described on menu. Service is quick. The only gripe is that the drinks are expensive, making it an unusual 'curry' experience e.g. Fairly pricey.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ordered take away for delivery which arrived 50 minutes after the time they had stated with no apology. The food however was tasty and fresh.