“overnight ghost hunt”
Review of Haunted, 35 Stonegate - CLOSED

Haunted, 35 Stonegate
Reviewed July 14, 2013

the 7 hour adventure just flew past, I encountered four spirit orbs through night vision glasses, used an Ouija board, did some table tipping, encountered ghost foot steps and through a ghost radio, a spirt was trying to communicate but I couldn't make out what was being said. Cant wait to get home and see what I picked up on my EVP machine. FANTASTIC NIGHT ITS A MUST DO. Not for the faint hearted. this venue also offers a day time tour but the overnight stay is so much better.

1  Thank Rachel C

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We ventured in off the street, slightly intrigued by this spooky looking bookshop, and the friendly knowledgeable character dressed in full Victorian garb, behind the till - encouraged us to go on the ghost tour.
What you get is some moody lighting, a taped monologue as you move from room to room AND the chance to hang out in a very spooky, very old building. Although we did experience some real ghostly activities, there are thankfully no gimmicks or animatronics to spoil the mood.
Worth it alone, just to see the old house and it's environment.
Afterwards we had a long chat with the staff, who knew all there was to know about the history of the street that this shop is on, which I would also recommend.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We didn't see any ghosts, not even in the pictures - but it was probably the scariest place we've ever tried to ghost hunt in!! What a laugh, a fantastic way to pass an hour, and an experience you will probably never forget. Thoroughly recommend!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

A very good experience, there are a few steps that you need to be careful with, the attic room was the creepiest for me, would go again, it's a beautiful house, and it hasn't had anything done to it which adds to the effect. Would not spend a night there

See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went here on the first weekend in February I stayed for 2 nights and I thought it was good. I went on the evening/nighttime one and it was pretty dark outside. I did feel a few things pass me when I was in the attic room or whatever it's called. I'm sure I saw a ghostly figure at the top of the stair case. I like the idea of recording the voice wich makes it scarier then having a guide walk round with you to let you experience the old spooky house yourself. I would recommend to go there. If you don't see feel or hear ghosts no need of rating it terrible it's about the history to! The only bad thing is the price maybe it should be about a fiver each. But going back in 11 or 12 days for a long weekend. I love York :D