“A warm welcome on a wet night!”
Review of Indian Lounge

Indian Lounge
Ranked #397 of 916 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We were in York for a gig and looking for somewhere to eat. The weather was cold and wet and our first two choices of restaurant were full.
We passed The Indian Lounge and a quick look through the window was sufficient to tempt us inside. We were warmly welcomed and quickly seated and offered popadoms while we perused the extensive menu.
The food and ambience in this restaurant are very good. It quickly filled up, including two larger birthday party bookings, but the service remained prompt and attentive.
My partner and I enjoyed a delicious two course meal and a bottle of sparkling wine for less than fifty pounds and would not hesitate to go back again.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I wasn't really impressed with this Indian. The portions were generous, but I've definitely had tastier. My starter plate was covered in greasy finger prints which really put me off my food. I also thought one of our waiters was a bit rude and looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Superb little restaurant - great food (easily the best curry we've had within the York City walls), lovely décor and warm service. Only downside was the bill - bit pricey and I think it was the cost of the drinks. Rated and Recommended!

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions over the past couple of years and cannot fault it at all. The food is fabulous, to the point where I'm disappointed whenever I visit other Indian restaurants! The mixed kebab starter for two and the lamb hyderabadi are both amazing. The service is good and always prompt. Overall, a great restaurant and definitely the best Indian in York.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We found the waiter a bit rude and he pointed out poppadoms we ordered were not proper starters. Everyone who came in after us ordered them to start and no commends. Food was tasty and naan cut into four lovely. Not over priced.