“evening meal”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 916 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We ate here on our first night in York. Welcome was warm. Very noisy restaurant making conversation somewhat difficult at times. The staff were very attentive and the food was good. Would recommend and return.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Thank you to all the staff at Piccolino in York for helping us celebrate my Niece's 21st birthday. Perdita is a member of the Vienna Festival Ballet, a touring ballet company, and as the company were performing in York on Friday evening we decided to celebrate by taking her out to a restaurant after the performance. As the performance didn't finish until 10.00 pm it was quite difficult to find a restaurant that would take such a late booking as the earliest we could get to the venue would be 10.30 pm. Unfortunately, I hadn't realised that Swan Lake was a long ballet and that the performance would finish so late and it was in desperation that I contacted Piccolino late that afternoon. I explained the circumstances and they couldn't have been more helpful, even allowing us to bring our own cake which they kindly decorated for us.

Not surprisingly by the time we finished our meal the restaurant was deserted but that didn't deter the staff from making my niece feel very special. At the presentation of the cake all the staff, including everyone in the kitchen, came along to sing Happy Birthday and created a wonderful atmosphere. I cannot praise the service and staff highly enough and the food was wonderful. This is a restaurant I will definitely visit again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

It might not be michelin style food but Piccolino always offers good consistent quality - yet another very happy lunch here with a group of friends. The service is sometimes slow but I prefer that to being constantly pestered by over attentive waiters. Too many places in York have a focus on only milking the tourists. Piccolino make the most of the tourists but treat them as potential return customers!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were shown to a lovely big table by the window and the staff were all very pleasant and friendly. We were served politely and nothing was rushed. The meal itself was lovely, we had fried Calamari for a starter and it was very nice. My husband had the Penne Arrabiatta for his main course and I had Spaghetti Carbonara. Mine was one of the best Carbonara's I have ever had. The portions were fairly large and we both struggled to finish - but we did! We would eat here again would recommend it if you like true Italian cuisine and atmosphere.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We visited Piccolino on Friday night, and I have to say it was excellent.
The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The food came out quickly and was lovely. I had a starter that i didn't enjoy - this is because I am fussy not because there was anything wrong with it. The waiter was extremely apologetic that I didn't like it, even though I had said it was just me been fussy. For my main course I had lasagne - it was the nicest lasagne I have ever had, it was absolutely delicious.
The atmosphere in Piccolino is great and it think this is down to the brilliant, friendly and conscientiousness staff. It was full when we were there, but this did not effect the service or quality of the food. Would defiantly recommend.