“Un pleasant coffee experience”
Review of Caffe Nero

Caffe Nero
Ranked #102 of 145 Quick Bites in York
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I usually love coming to the Cafe Nero in kings square but I had a particularly un pleasant experience this evening.
Today, Friday 27th September, a particularly un friendly lady with blonde hair refused to stamp my cafe Nero points card after I had paid saying that you can only get it stamped before you pay.
I have never experienced this rule before and she, instead of stamping it, gave me a new card with a stamp on it. I don’t think this is a rule and she was particularly abrasive and short with me. If she was friendly about it I would not have minded at all as i would have just gathered it was a new rule and if people are friendly to me
I never bat an eye lid. It was more the fact that I felt she did it because she had a problem with me, perhaps I took too long choosing my beverage I don’t know.
I’m afraid this encounter ruined my afternoon as the little things can mean allot.
Everyone else who works there seems so lovely and I love to visit and I don’t usually write bad reviews at all but I felt that her mood was impacting on everyone’s experience at this coffee shop.
I like Cafe Nero, and I like the one at Kings square, but part of the experience of just simply getting a coffee or simply talking to anybody!!!!!!! is also to be treated with a certain level of politeness and respect.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Great music, good location but driven out by the staff seemingly shouting their normal conversation to each other

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

We were on holiday in York and popped in for some lunch or a smoothie on the way back to our hotel. Nice staff, great cheese and tomato toastie, good lemon curd muffin which we shared between us. Iced cappuccino made me feel a bit sick but iced latte with blended ice was better. Fruit drink was made fresh by the barista and served in a glass to drink inside. Toilet is suitable for wheelchair users.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019

Nice cup of coffee,with no pressure to leave once finished.staff were professional and attentive.is also kept tidy and clean.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Cake and drinks okay but the place is very dirty. Dirty floors, dirty chairs and tables, sticky trays and toilet one step off festival standards. Won't be going back.

Date of visit: January 2019