“Best Meal Out Ever!!!”

Ranked #37 of 945 Restaurants in York
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Cannot express how fantastic our meal out at Rustique in York. 26 Women travelled from Glasgow for 2 of our friends' 50th birthdays and we had 3 course set menu for £15. Was absolutely fantastic...food was hot, served quickly and soooo gorgeous. Wating staff very attentive and wine beautiful. Can't fault it or wait to go back.

2  Thank Jando1968
Write a ReviewReviews (4,567)

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch for my wife's birthday. Having read the reports and the set menu it sounded wonderful for lunch and did not disappoint.
We were booked in for 12noon and by 12.30 on a snowy Saturday the place was full, surely that speaks volumes.
The service was excellent, menu and food fab and was real value for money. Thanks for a lovely relaxed lunch without the kids, if only there were more small individual restaurants like this. We will look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank pcpkone
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went for lunch and had the 3 course Set Menu. The quality, quantity and presentation of food, service, attitude and efficiency of the staff were excellent. I agree with another reviewer that when I booked the table on the telephone I found this member of staff was very abrupt.The price for the 3 course was £14.95 and excellent value.The restaurant was very busy and a good atmosphere. My only problem was the tables were very close and I would say it is not the place for a quiet romantic meal

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on trip advisor ratings, maybe that's where we went wrong, we expected too much........

We booked for our last night in York, at 8pm on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was very busy with a nice intimate atmosphere. We were shown to our seats and given the menus. I had French onion soup and then a bouillabaisse. Both were ok but I've had better I'm afraid. My boyfriend had soup of the day (which wasn't what the waiter said it was but very tasty non the less!!) and then a chicken dish which was tasty but not a lot of it!!

Im probably comparing this to the other nights dinner at The Go Down but.....We weren't offered any water, there was no complimentary bread, no one took our coats, no one asked if we would like another bottle of wine, no one asked if our food was ok, no one asked if we wanted a dessert (we did but left because we couldn't attract a waiters attention and got fed up!!) the staff seemed very unfriendly.

I'm sorry for leaving a bad review, it's just that we were both expecting a lot more from this place. Better places to go in York...

2  Thank ScottishRachel
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good range of food here if you want the Mediterranean experience. Can be very busy and we felt a bit rushed in order to make the table available for others.