“Tip top tapas”

Ranked #49 of 916 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Style: relaxed, quaint, cosy restaurant with a small, busy bar, all set in an eighteenth-century listed building in the heart of York Size: 46 covers, plus small bar Good for: couples, families, special occasions, casual lunch, formal dinner, access to York Minster, York walls, York Theatre Royal and Dean Court Hotel
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stumbled across this little gem of a tapas bar on our weekend away to York. I would recomend it. Especially the rose sangria! Particularly good service.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the best tapas I've ever eaten. It was hard to decide what to order as there was so much variety and everything sounded good.
The waiter was very pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited on Friday 21 June at 7.30pm table, I mention this as I wanted to single out not only the excellent food here but also the very friendly polite and helpful service from the young girl who served us. We loved Ambiente Tapas. It is so rare as a vegetarian to have (outside of an indian restaurant) any decent choices and at Ambiente, this was the case, I actually couldn't decide, a luxury most meat eaters take for granted, I think that thought being put into vegetarian food as well as meat is the sign of a great chef and I have very rarely encountered it. Very rarely order dessert which we did here. Great wine and very good value. Great experience will visit again as I am lucky enough to be a train ride away.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our first visit to a Tapas Bar for dinner. Fabulous food- in variety, quantity and quality.The service was good and staff were friendly and helpful. We shared 2 plates of Starters with friends then my husband and I had the Introduction to Tapas Set Menu for £25 which consisted of at least 6 dishes and bread which was excellent and reasonable in price. I agree with the reviewer who stated " You can dine like a king and pay like a commoner" - a super evening and atmosphere.
Only minus was the bench seating was a little hard and narrow after 3 hours!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ambience was perfect, food was fantastic, staff were very friendly and great value. Highly recommended and will definitely return.