“Avoid” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Chilli

Red Chilli
Ranked #214 of 850 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Service was indifferent and off hand. Food was not introduced and plonked on table. Ordered a banquet and some food was cold and some looked horrid. Some tasted horrid too. Worst Chinese had for many many many years. Good hygiene rating poor food/service

• 2 of 5 bubbles

irvine
“Do not bother!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i visited this restaurant on a thursday night. The decoration is lovely although do not be fooled.

Firstly the waiting staff cant understand you,my husband and i had to order our meal 4 times before the waiter got it correct.

We both had chicken satay to start totally tastless.

I then had painters chicken yes thats what its called. After a few bites of tough fatty pork i gave up the rice was greasy.

My husband had spicey shreaded chicken which was ok nothing special.

The waiting staff all stand around watching you eat very off putting and its also very expensive.

Go somewhere else and spend your hard earned cash!!!.

1 Thank IrvineElise
yorkshire
“Most enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Ate here April 17th. An eclectic menu from traditional (to the british) food but also a wide range of authentic Chinese food which may not be to everyones taste. Decor really nice ,posh even. staff efficient and willing to give advice on what to eat, we had a variety of dimsum all very nice.
I would recommend in particular adventurous diners to try some of the "off piste" menu

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
North Yorkshire
“Our favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have been in the Red Chilli so many times we think we tried everything on the menu - love it. Authentic Chinese food, good service and modern interior.

Visited April 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Like eating in a zoo”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had dinner here recently and were sat next to a young family with the most misbehaving children you could imagine. Staff were embarrassed and tried to ask them to behave but the mother's were having none of it and let this mobile zoo continue to ruin the experience of other diners. Almost certain the staff knew the family, I presume they were related to the owners/chefs or both.

The food was so-so. Starters were okay and just usual english-chinese standard. One of the main courses was very tasty and well seasoned, but one dish (with green peppercorns and chilli) was easily one of the most repulsive dishes I have ever had the misfortune to experience. I'm sure it was authentic but whilst I don't want to be disrespective of other cultures, it was awful! The waiter did warn me though, next time I'll listen though I doubt I'll be revisiting this place...

Visited April 2013