“Great Pizzas”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great Pizzas”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We went as a family and this was exactly as promised. We had Pizzas which were excellent and one us had pasta which was the same. The only very minor comments we would make are that the additional toppings were quite expensive and there were no large Italian bottles of water available. The meal was very good value for money though.

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Visited 30th july table for two, we booked it in advance which is advisable as it is small inside and very popular. We were seated next to the exposed clay oven, very quirky but very hot. We asked the waitress if we could move and she moved us immediately. We could see the chefs preparing the food which is unusual in a restaurants and were impressed with the hygienic way they worked and the food was freshly prepared. I had meatballs , they were very tasty, wife had spaghetti carbonara which she was impressed with. We had a bottle of wine and one stater. The bill was £37 .. Excellent value and cracking food. Staff were very friendly despite being run off their feet

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a coeliac and the chef couldn't have been more helpful. Took time to sit down and go through the menu. The rest of our party were equally impressed. Definitely recommend. A lovely, quirky, happy, friendly place.

• Visited July 2014
Ammanford
“Food great. service great but with a bit of constructive feedback”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great place with a great atmosphere. The service was also great and the food was excellent. One little thing that niggled my Wife and I was the strange menu that appears to cater for those with smaller appetites but with a strange exclusion that in this day and age seems like a missed opportunity for business and a somewhat confusing policy. The menu offers smaller/half portions for the young and elderly...great. it even also allows you to order a half size portion of any main dish as a starter. You can even share a starter. But, and he's the crazy bit, when we asked the waitress, it seems you cannot order a half portion as your main meal. "So let me check I understand this. I can order a starter to share?"
I can order 2 starters with one of them being a half portion of any main meal?
My wife doesn't have a large appetite so she would not manage a full portion of her main dish, you sell half portions, cant she just have one as her main course instead of a starter?
But if my wife was under 13 or a pensioner she could have a half portion?
For 50p more you can take anything you don't eat home with you?
That's great but its the middle of summer, I'm on holiday staying in a hotel and have no where to store or re-heat the food.

Here I should mention my wife has trouble eating food when its presented in large portions, she finds it overwhelming and in turn it can cause nausea. However she enjoys her food when she can have smaller portions and many restaurants cater for this. This was explained. But the waitress seemed un-phased. It was late, it was date night and we didn't want to kill the mood so my wife shared my starter and left the majority of her main meal. If my wife had been allowed a smaller serving she would have had a dessert too as would have I this is the way it works.. We would also have ordered more wine, as I have said the place, food and service apart from this strange rule was great. Please if the owner reads these reviews think of the people regardless of age who do not eat large meals pensioners and children come in all shapes and sizes too. Don't cater for age cater for appetite, a slight tweak to your policy and everyone benefits.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank samcarms
Lincolnshire
“Great food, service & ambience”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We just managed to get in on a Monday night, so would recommend booking if you want to be sure of getting a table. The restaurant was packed all evening and I can see why. The service was excellent and the food very good at reasonable prices. We had a handmade burger and king prawn pizza - both were very nice, but the chocolate brownie was to die for! - The best I've ever tasted. Coupled with a scoop of the gorgeous ice-cream.. mmmm.

Visited July 2014