“Gone downhill”
Review of Moutreys

Moutreys
Ranked #24 of 213 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I grrew up in Whitby and used to love this place... Many first dates amongst my group of friends had here! Sadly, my first visit in over five years has left me not wanting to return. Arrived bang on time on a friday night at 8:15 for our table. Made to wait by the "bar" for ten mins, not offeres a drink. Finally sat down but not asked if we would like a drink until ten to 9!!! No lime, no gin.... Got around to ordering food. Most of us (9) ordered from specials only to be told now that theyd ryn out of most.... Food arrived....not the best and extremely expensive for what it was. Waitresses were friendly but not properly trained, a bit too familiar and clearly run off their feet....not their fault. Based on this experience we won't be returning anytime soon!

1 Thank biztravelqueen

• Polish first
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Hygiene report is so untrue”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have just had a new year meal here with 5 members in our group, and not only was every course of the meal excellent, the service was first class even though they were very busy nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, please do not the hygiene review which somebody has put on here put you off!!!!! The quality of the food was first class, well done everyone and thank you for a lovely evening with first class food ,

• Visited December 2013
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We visit Whitby on a regular basis & we always book in, in advance at Moutreys. Love the whole ambience of the place. Service is always spot on. Food is always scrumptious.

• Visited December 2013
Leeds, England
“Great Night”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

For me, the best place to eat in Whitby. The food is always cooked with care and attention, and the wine list offers the chance to try something different. I also find the atmosphere in the restaurant compelling - lots of happy sounds- probably sounds a bit naff but if there is a happy buzz then everyone is having a good time which is what you go out for. The staff are also very attentive and I love watching the chefs at work. Always like a restaurant where the chefs cannot hide !! When I know I am heading to Whitby, Moutreys is the first place I ring to get my table. Lovely place.

• Visited September 2013
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner found this place on the off chance on a Monday night and we were overjoyed! We loved every minute of our meal and couldn't recommend this place enough! Amazing!

• Visited November 2013