“Best Italian restaurant in Whitby”
Review of Moutreys

Moutreys
Ranked #49 of 219 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We've been a few times over the years and after tonight's meal I know why we always go back. Proper food with fantastic chefs cooking it. The home made bread was unrivalled in our experience!

1  Thank Newworldensemble

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We popped in one afternoon and asked if we could order something fairly plain for my mother-in-law who does not like sauces or anything spicy. The young lady that we spoke to asked the chef and he said it would not be a problem. We booked for that evening.

On arrival we were shown to our table and promptly were handed the menu and asked if we would like drinks which we ordered.

Again we asked if we could have plain salmon with potatoes and veg, and this was fine. I had a fillet steak that was really good I always have steak cooked medium to well done which can be a problem between bloody in the middle or burnt on the outside, this was superb. My wife had a salmon special with penne pasta in a cream sauce, again really good, a bottle of house white was reasonably priced. We enjoyed the experience that much that we booked again for the Sunday evening. We generally all had the same as the night before with the exception of my wife who had cod fillet wrapped in pancetta and served with a crab sauce which looked really tasty.

I asked a few questions about how other items on the menu were cooked or about certain ingredients and I always got a positive response from the chef not a bog standard answer of "I'm to busy".

Well worth a try.

1  Thank budeSheffield
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went to moutreys last night for a girls leaving party, they did us a hot buffet of different pizzas pastas breads ect and I can say it was fantastic!!!!!!! Food was fresh, hot, lots variation, tasty, 100% heaven!!!!!!
Staff were helpful, kind, attentive, egar to please.
Everything is reasonably priced and I noticed they have different offers available
IT WAS FANTASIC!!!!!!

2  Thank kristie p
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked on recommendation by one of our hotel guests... al we can say is a big thank you for pointing us in the direction of this superb eatery! Food was delicious, service excellent and the bill was surprisingly low.
Would always book as this is one BUSY place................

1  Thank bromleyhotel
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had been recommended to visit here by our b&b hosts, had they not then I don't think we would have come across it. It was a Monday night and obviously not their busiest night. we were asked if we had booked which seemed a bit odd considering how quiet it was and I half expected it to get really busy after we arrived but it didn't. I wouldn't say it was the best service I've ever had, the waitress seemed a little uninterested in us really, but looking at other reviews I think we just caught her on an off night maybe. The food was really nice, we shared a couple of starters between the four of us and the garlic bread was way too strong in garlic I have to say - good job we all had it ha! They had a good selection of specials on the board for starter, main or dessert too, as a vegetarian i felt well catered for too and i really enjoyed my main of cannelloni One of my friends had a pizza which he could not finish and they happily gave him a pizza box and also my friend having a pasta dish got a doggie bag for her left overs too.

1  Thank Katiecjunior