“Superb Eatery!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked on recommendation by one of our hotel guests... al we can say is a big thank you for pointing us in the direction of this superb eatery! Food was delicious, service excellent and the bill was surprisingly low.
Would always book as this is one BUSY place................

1  Thank bromleyhotel

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had been recommended to visit here by our b&b hosts, had they not then I don't think we would have come across it. It was a Monday night and obviously not their busiest night. we were asked if we had booked which seemed a bit odd considering how quiet it was and I half expected it to get really busy after we arrived but it didn't. I wouldn't say it was the best service I've ever had, the waitress seemed a little uninterested in us really, but looking at other reviews I think we just caught her on an off night maybe. The food was really nice, we shared a couple of starters between the four of us and the garlic bread was way too strong in garlic I have to say - good job we all had it ha! They had a good selection of specials on the board for starter, main or dessert too, as a vegetarian i felt well catered for too and i really enjoyed my main of cannelloni One of my friends had a pizza which he could not finish and they happily gave him a pizza box and also my friend having a pasta dish got a doggie bag for her left overs too.

1  Thank Katiecjunior
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed in cottage in Whitby for a week.
Dined in Moutreys, enjoyerd it that much we rebooked for our last evening in Whitby.
Excellent food, presented well by pleasant attentive staff in a warm, friendly environment.
The special menu board offerd excellent fish and meat alternatives using local produce.
Very good value for money.

2  Thank johnb188_13
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my partner in April '13 on a Sunday evening.
The staff were welcoming and polite and there was a nice, cosy vibe about the place,despite it being pretty much full.
The menu variety was better than most Italian-style restaurants. Both our choices were delicious. The service was excellent and our server (Jess?) was attentive and friendly.
All-in-all a pleasant surprise. Would definitely return.

2  Thank TimEdwards_esq
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place is that good, my friend and I always book on consecutive evenings when we stay in Whitby. We stay once a year in December to take in a Whitby Town match, two evenings of drunken debauchery, and to take in some excellent scenery in and around this great little town steeped in history. Gary and his team make the best pasta, pizza, and the homemade breads are simply the best you'll ever have by a country mile!

We don't eat anywhere else to avoid disappointment!

2  Thank JamesDCairns999