“Not just fish & chips”

Ranked #26 of 215 Restaurants in Whitby
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nothing is too much trouble. Special diet catered for. Fish superb & so fresh. Once again a lovely meal. Good enough to return again next weekend when friends come to visit!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We've had some tasty fish & chips in our time, some in Whitby, but Mr Chips can't be beaten. Good size portions and crispy batter with well cooked fish. We used the takeaway but there is a restaurant next door. No visit to Whitby is complete until you've been there! They also have made a big effort with their menu should you wish to try something a bit different. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this place is amazing. Very good fish and chips, the haddock was cooked to perfection. Possibly the best waiting staff in Whitby, with the lady who served being observed by my daughter as a very kind lady. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

For my birthday I went to Whitby for a night. Whenever I go to Whitby I always try to get to mister chips for a meal. My wife and I enjoy a good meal of fish and chips and mister chips never let's us down. You might have to queue to get in, but it is worth it. During the meal I got a FaceTime call from a member of my family. The staff overheard them singing happy birthday to me. As a great surprise a moment later a free portion of ice cream with a candle was given to me and the staff wished my happy birthday. This was a great gesture and shows that good customer service is alive in this country. If you are in Whitby please do try to call in at master chips.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We go to this restaurant quite often and the last time we went there was 7 of us, at a busy Sunday lunch time we only had a few minutes wait before we were seated ..... the staff were very attentive and nothing was a problem ...... the food was excellent, I think my husbands meal was not cod it looked like a whale :o) ...... the price was excellent ..... we will deffinately be back ....... thanks ........ why go the magpie when mr chips is just as good if not better ...... worth the wait if there is a queue