“Lovely fish & chips”

Ranked #11 of 214 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed May 27, 2013

As we were visiting Whitby of course we had to have a fish and chip lunch and opted for Trenchers which proved to be an excellent choice. This is a large restaurant, lovely and light and very clean. The toilets are on the first floor (with a lift) and these are spotless and very modern. The restaurant service was friendly and efficient and the food was a delight. The fish (my husband had cod) was flaky and white and the batter was very light and crisp and the chips were not greasy at all. I had scampi and this again was lovely and in a light batter and served with chips and a side salad. Even the tartar sauce was made on the premises. Trenchers outshines any other fish and chip restaurant we have been to in Whitby and I thoroughly recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Trenchers

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were recommended by a local, and we thought it was fabulous. The meal was freshly prepared and really tasty.
Restaurant very modern and clean.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went to Trenchers on our arrival to enjoy a plate of Fish and Chips we were not disappointed. Fish was wonderful in a light batter the board on the wall also informed you who had caught the fish you were eating. The surrounding were excellent so were the staff an excellent venue for the famous Whitby Fish and chips.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have fond memories of this place. Although the last time I went here I opted for the battered sausage I am told by practically everyone that has been here that the fish is sublime. I distinctly remember the toilets being very very modern and clean, which is a refreshing change from some other places. I cannot comment on whether it is better or not than the Magpie, but it's certainly on par if not better in the chips department than Mr.Chips (although this is by no means to suggest that Mr.Chips food isn't anything but brilliant either).

Reviewed May 26, 2013

food is perfectly cooked and plentiful i couldn't manage to finish my fish n chips next time i'll go medium size