“excellent house”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Corner House

The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge. Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge.
Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Our open plan kitchen!
The Green Room - with its super comfy king size bed (with super king sized duvet!).
The Blue Room - with two gorgeously comfy single beds (with double duvets!).
Our shower room.
Yes, this really is the view from almost every room in the cottage!
Another photo of the Tour De Yorkshire passing The Corner House on 1 May 2015!
View of the harbour
View of the east side and St Mary's Church
View of the Abbey and St Mary's Church from the beach
The star rating taking pride of place!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

nigel d
“excellent house”
Reviewed October 2, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

this place is brilliant just like being at home all the mod/cons tvs in 3 rooms close to everything in Whitby right next door to pie & mash shop we had ours delivered would you believe that didn't even have to wash up 2 sofas dining table for 4 good sized kitchen we are going back maybe in nov. pub over the road chip shop & indian restaurant all that you need to have a great break

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review!

I’m chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay with us - yes, we’re very blessed to have so many great places to eat and drink around us - it’s great!

You’re very welcome back any time - just drop me a line!

Sheena848...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Miss”
Reviewed September 23, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Stayed at The Corner House with my Mum in mid Sept. Was virtually perfect for us: excellent central location, cosy, clean and had everything we needed.
Lovely touches like a bottle of wine left out for you, long life milk in fridge, anti-bac soap and postcards that you can make use of for a small donation. Nichola the owner was lovely; very helpful and ensured our stay was a very pleasant one.
The house and location have a very interesting history too.
We tended to eat lunch out every day and then cook at the house in the evenings; I found cooking to be very easy in terms of the oven/hob and equipment available in the kitchen.
Really pleased we stayed at The Corner House and would definitely recommend it if you want self-catering accommodation in Whitby.

Sep 29, 2017
Hi,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review of our little cottage!

I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay and loved what we've done with the place.

Yes, the whole amount of the money raised on the postcards goes directly to the Whitby RNLI - we raised nearly £50 last year on those alone, which we're very proud of!

I'm really happy too that the kitchen equipment was easy to use - I usually eat out when I'm there, so must confess to not using it very often! lol

Thanks again for such a glowing endorsement of our cottage, it means a huge amount to me to hear that you have such a lovely time, you'd be more than welcome back any time.

Becca H
“An absolute must stay!”
Reviewed September 20, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

From beginning, during and to end, Nichola was fantastic to deal with. So helpful and full of information and tips of where to go, eat and do.
The cottage is simply lovely and finished to such a high spec. It's so easy to keep clean and is situated in a perfect spot, close to everything but once inside you're away from it all.
It's been so well thought out with very smart stair gates, high chairs, toilet seats etc and lots of storage in each bedroom and downstairs. It has a well equipped kitchen meaning you don't have to be out all the time which is great when you have kids.
There is a TV within built in DVD and Netflix. Free WIFI and a TV in both bedrooms.
A lovely bathroom with a shower. Constant hot water and very good heating!
It's a great size with one double bedroom and a twin bedroom. Both very decent sized rooms.
It ticks all the boxes and we'll definitely be returning.
I wouldn't bother staying anywhere else when the cottage has all our needs and is so lovely to stay in.
With a pie and mash shop right next door, fish and chips right opposite and a lovely quirky pub 40 steps (approx) across the street that has live music, bar snack food and an array of gins to choose from, you'd be hard pushed to find better.
It's away from the main hustle and bustle (but within a very short walk to all of it) so it's lovely to come inside, shut the door and have the peace when you need.
Lovely views too of the harbour and boats and a long stay car park just feet away at a very decent price which you can get cheaper when you book at the tourist information centre.
There is so much to do in Whitby you will not be bored. I recommend the steam train on NYMR, a yellow bus tour, crabbing, the abbey, 199 steps, a river or sea trip and Fisherman's Wife restaurant for fabulous seafood and views. There are so many lovely shops and a huge amount of places to eat. Some fantastic views too.
Dealing with Nichola was a real pleasure.
You can't fault this beautiful holiday cottage! What a great find!
Enjoy your stay!

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

I'm absolutely blown away by this brilliant review and am humbled by your kind words - I just try to give people what I think I would like to receive, if I were coming to stay.

I'm chuffed to bits too that you like our little cottage and how we're surrounded by fantastic places to eat, drink and shop - we're very blessed.

You're right too, there are loads of things to do here in Whitby and I'm glad that you managed to fit so much in!

You and your family are more than welcome back any time - just drop me a line!

Passion4p...
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
Reviewed September 14, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

The cottage is ideally sited in the centre of Whitby with all the amenities you could want. The owner goes out of her way to ensure your stay is enjoyable and communication is first class. Loads of excellent restaurants to choose from on your doorstep, e.g. Indian, Italian x 2, fish & chip shop/restaurant opposite and pie and mash, next door. Have booked this cottage several times already and always happy to return.

Sep 20, 2017
Hi,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review.

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you enjoy staying in our little cottage, you're always more than welcome.

I love that you like the location too! We're very lucky to be surrounded by such brilliant places to eat and drink - we're spoilt for choice!

Thanks too for your kind words, they mean a huge amount.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Nigel R
tewkesbury
“Top notch !!”
Reviewed September 3, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Just stayed here for a week, and have 3 more bookings over the next 12 months, that really says it all, this cottage has everything, it's well equipped spotlessly clean and nice and roomy , set in the old town its right in the heart of all the bars & restaurants, once you have parked up you can explore whitby on foot, the owner Nichola is more than helpful nothing to much trouble and always on the end of the phone if need be , give it a try you won't be disappointed . Nigel & Denise x

Sep 6, 2017
Hi Nigel & Denise,

Thank you for this brilliant review, I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you love our little place as much as we do, that means an huge amount.

You guys are great guests, who are more than welcome back any time (thanks too for the kind words about me - I'm humbled).

buremma
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed August 30, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Cottage was brilliant location , lovely and clean and well equipped, great communication with owner will be returning soon

Sep 1, 2017
Hi,

Thank you so much for your great review; I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay and loved our little cottage!

You'd be more than welcome back any time.

Richard W
“Home away from home. Brilliant.”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a lovely week staying in Nichola's cottage in Whitby. The cottage has everything you would ever need for a week away. The cottage is well situated in the heart of Whitby. Everything is within easy walking distance. We only moved the car once in the whole week because there is so much to do in Whitby.
I would have no hesitation recommending "The Corner House" to anyone looking for somewhere to stay.

Your age range 35-49
Aug 28, 2017
Hi,

Thank you for your brilliant review!

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay in our little cottage by the sea!

You're more than welcome back any time.

Nichola x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing